1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally got out and shot the matte nickel tactical.. wow it was impressive! Used 100 rounds of mixed brands of ball ammo with no problems..
my friends new XD Springfield .45 jammed twice...
love the feel and accuracy.. front sight need to be painted or replaced.. certainly difficult to see at times..
I think some Houge grips might be helpful but stock grips were fine..
The Rock was certainly a pleasure to shoot..easy to control and fun..
Look forward to sending more lead down range..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Good deal pat!!! We need to see some pictures of the new Tactical!!!:):)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased the matte nickel tactical at Big Boys Guns and Ammo n OKC..
Just put the Hogue wrap around grips on and it feels even better..
Now need a good IWB holster and another for the belt..
any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Pat, not a holster per se but this is what I use!! It is a Beltster from Bandera Gun Leather. www.banderagunleather.com

I have had my 2 for a few years now and they are still going strong. I have no problems at all with the security of my weapon in the Beltster. They are not for everyone but I really do like mine!!! When not carrying it looks like a normal belt!!

Beltster with my full size 1911!!

Beltster with my Compact 1911!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pat, not a holster per se but this is what I use!! It is a Beltster from Bandera Gun Leather. www.banderagunleather.com

I have had my 2 for a few years now and they are still going strong. I have no problems at all with the security of my weapon in the Beltster. They are not for everyone but I really do like mine!!! When not carrying it looks like a normal belt!!

Beltster with my full size 1911!!

Beltster with my Compact 1911!!
What guns did you use for your photo op?? Kimber, Smith? The full size sure looks cool.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I like that beltster, looks like a good thing to have. Always have a holster.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Automag, if you didnt know better, you would not be able to tell the diffrence between a Kimber, S&W, or any of the other "better" :crazy:1911s. That looks so good. Do you remember the model. Is it just a stainless model? Do they all have the slide serrations in the front and rear of the slide?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
1911Newb, unfortunately the Armscor branded pistols are no longer brought into the U.S. The full size Armscor in stainless is known as a Target Model. From time to time they appear on one of the gun auction sites. And yes, they all have the front slide serrations!!

Armscor Enhanced Model in stainless!!

Armscor Target Model in stainless!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here is the RIA Match pistol!! No front serrations, rear target site and front fiber optic site.

Here is my RIA Tactical pistol!! No front serrations and Novak style rear site.

Here is my RIA Longslide!! No front serrations, rear target site and fiber optic front site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.