1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are still going to put on the Thursday Night Steel Match at the Phoenix Rod and Gun Club this Thursday. I cant think of a better way to start the new year out! Since I dont have to work I am going to shoot it 2 or 3 times. Better get busy reloading. I just dont know which 1911 to shoot, my .45 or my 38 super so what the heck, I'll shoot them both. HAPPY NEW YEAR brothers, Mirando

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
My friend JR, from Caswels and Debbie wants me to shoot it.After the Holidays I will see what I will shoot there, because I shoot the L matches at times.Gary Olson took the last 2 Matches, he is my shooting partner, but I sleep in longer lol.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I shot and won my first match today at Caswels. It was a easy win,static shooting at the 3'' orange target I ran 4 mags of 8 rounds using my Dan Wesson Commander after changing the spring set -up and still not broken it yet. I got all 32 rounds [email protected]' in the orange. I was invited to shoot at the Steel again which I may go for this week.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Congrats on the win Vic!!!:smile:

It really does not matter whether you win or lose it just matters that you were willing to give it a try!!!:smile:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look me up Vic if you go to the steel match. I am not near as good as you but I still have fun and thats what is is all about right? Mirando

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Yes sir. I've shot plenty of informal matches, and no matter how well (or not well,usually) I do it's always fun and I always learn something new.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know TA, you seem like a guy I could have a load of fun with. My son should complete Naval boot camp in mid March and I am going to try to get there. May be we can shoot a few rounds when that happens, Mirando

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Mirando I was at Phx. Rod and Gun Club Sat. I shot the Police L match after you shot the practical pistol match. I was shooting againist Gary Olson my shooting partner and Camp Perry shooter.He one and Don Platt placed second. I placed 4th that day.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Mirando, I don't think there's any Naval boot camps around Troy IL. Will you be coming through here?

And yes you will have loads of fun if we send some rounds downrange, because you will shoot better than me. Don't shoot with Primers either,that man can handle a 1911.

:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont even know where Troy is at but for a day of shooting there I may make a detour. I have relatives in Belleville. Is that close to you? Mirando

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Yeah, Belleville's about 20 minutes away! Unfortunately I'm stuck at indoor ranges for now,so no long guns. 25 yards isn't much fun with rifles.

An early congratulations for your son too...I hope that doesn't jinx him!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well maybe I can get down there to visit my aunt and cousins. If so I will let you know and maybe we can get together for a little indoor shooting. I have never popped a cap in IL, Mirando

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
reat shooting Vic. Where was this at Caswells? Mirando

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Well I just finished another L Police match today, I came in 6th place using my .22, which since I was shooting againist all Master and Grandmaster class shooter I felt OK
I scored a 876, the winner scored a 898. I didn't know there is a 2700 sactioned match coming up on Weds. and all the shooter were there. I did learn a few tips and the wind didn't help.Now I know if it is windy to shoot my .45
PS:900 is a perfect score with 100 X's. if you didn't know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.