1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have never owned a Colt brand 1911 before and yesterday I came home with three.
A 1991A1 Commander, a Commander Lightweight Stainless and a Pre 80 series Combat Commander with Satin Nickel finish.
Where is the best resource about finding out what I have.
They are all used and I am particularly looking for info on the Combat Commander.
Thanks.

Photos Below.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You got bit HARD by the Colt Bug!
Start at Proofhouse.com for the date of manufacturer of your pre-80 Commander.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Proof house goes up to 1978 on the Combat Commanders My serial is a bit higher than that. I plan on calling colt I guess on Monday.

My lightweight has a CLS prefix which I can not find listed any where

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some photos, My camera can't quite get the coloring right which I can really tell it on the Nickle one, but it's the best I can do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Call Colt Customer service they will give you year of your Colts. Just ask them nice and tell what it is and serial number
3 at once good deal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice stable of Colt's you stumbled upon. That reminds me I need to find a base Pre 80 Commander to build on. Thanks for the reminder....:wink: Best of luck with them and let us know how they shoot.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
They're all very nice, congratulations.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a Satin Nickel Combat Commander just like the one you have. My serial number is 70SC69XXX and it was bought new in 1979, so yours is a bit later. My gun was $260 brand-new in 1979. Things have changed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.