1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to pick up my Beretta 92FS Inox yesterday and I have been really wanting a .45ACP, and had it narrowed down to the XD .45, Glock 21SF, and the 1911.

Ended up with a Taurus 1911. Being new to the 1911 game, I wanted something that was decent out of the box that wasn't going to cost my an arm and a leg. The Taurus felt great. Can't wait to finish paying and pick it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, now that i've found this forums I at least have a place to ask all the questions I'm bound to ask

·
Registered
7 Posts
No pun intended???

I traded a Glock 21 in on my PT1911. The 1911 is a MUCH better gun than the Glock 21. I have only had this PT1911 about a month and have only fired about 200 rounds so far (no problems). I think my Glock 23 will soon be replaced with a commander size 1911.:plugears:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Brian and Clyde, welcome to the forum. I'd like to hear of your experiences with the PT1911. We sell them at the shop where I am lucky enough to work part time. I'd like to tell folks the good, and bad (if any) of this gun.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, I went to pick up my Beretta 92FS Inox yesterday and I have been really wanting a .45ACP, and had it narrowed down to the XD .45, Glock 21SF, and the 1911.

I've owned all three of those and got rid of all three - the only one that I really wish I had kept was the Taurus 1911. It was a sweet gun, but I traded it for a Kimber Gold Match - now I'm looking for another Taurus. Anyone near Mesa listening?

Good luck and l look forward to the range report and photos.

·
Registered
20 Posts
PT1911 rocks!

Well, all I can say is that the 1911 platform is infectious. I chose the Taurus PT1911b as my first. It has functioned wonderfully at the range, is my personal side-kick and I sleep wonerfully with the LOML on my left and the PT1911 on the right (holstered and on the bed rail of course). I love this gun so much that I brought home one of it's siblings, in stainless. I just wish I had seen the one with the custom wooden grips sooner as well as wih the HD version, darn.

Because of this gun, I began my obsession with the 1911. Now mind you, I don't want it all, but some just couldn't help following me home on certain days. The Gold Cup for instance, followed by the Smith commander that I've wanted for a year and then the Sprigfield GI, which is just a simple yet cool piece. I still want the Colt XSE Commander SS, just something about that gun I love.

Just enjoy the gun and shoot the heck out of it. Many guys have done some really great mods to this gun and it has attained a small (yet growing) cult following. Taurusarmed.net comes to mind as wel as he m1911.org site. Check out the photos.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, all I can say is that the 1911 platform is infectious.
Yes sir, you've been bitten by the bug...

I have accumulated several 1911's over the years and wish I hadn't traded a few of them off. This winter I'm breaking in a new STI Spartan 1911 - the quality of these 1911's out of the shops just keeps getting better and better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only issue I have had with my PT1911 is the front sight has come loose twice. Last time I Blue loctited the set screw.
Hopefully that will take care of the issue.:hairpull:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 1911 is infectious. I now have to make it a point to give some holster time to the other guns I own. But that 1911 is so thin, and I can conceal a big-ass 5" pistol with no problems. I love it. I was a little concerned about cocked and locked, but common sense and range time has fixed that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 1911 bug is going around. Just traded a G19 for a PT1911 today. Can't wait to personalize it. I've noticed on the forum that the ambisafety seems to be a sore point with some owners. Can't wait to send a couple of rounds down range.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts