1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am extremely happy to say, I put in my order for a custom built Fusion two days ago. My gun will have the stainless tactical frame w/ rail and checkering. A 5" barrel and slide w/ front and rear serrations. Top of slide serrations. A tritium front sight with 10-8 fixed rear sight. A Pro Slam hammer, and pro series ambi safety. I'm unsure about what grips I want, and the slide will probably be finished in Ion Bond. I have also specified a trigger pull of around 3.75#. This thing is gonna ROCK!!!! Now comes the dreadful waiting. However, the wait is actually okay, because now I have to try to come up with the rest of the money (I only sent in a deposit). I'm not sure that I will be able to come up w/ all of it before the build is complete, but Bob being the nice guy that he is, told me not to worry about it and to take as long as I need. BTW, I am accepting donations toward the Fusion funds :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now comes the dreadful waiting. However, the wait is actually okay, because now I have to try to come up with the rest of the money (I only sent in a deposit).
Hah, I'm in the same boat. I HAVE the money, but my savings account won't mind the 2 month recovery before I hit it again :biggrin:

I am certainly looking forward to my Fusion as well, if you get the Ion Bond on your slide, our pistols should be done around the same time.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Welcome. It is worth the wait

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm very excited to add the fusion to the family. I will most likely go with the ion bond finish on the slide. I first decided to go with black oxide and save the $80 with the plan to send it in for ion bond after the black oxide starts to wear, but I'll probably just get it the way I want it from the get go.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chevrons,

I feel like .45acp is the default 1911 caliber as well, but I just thought I'd throw it in there. I don't have a light or holster ordered as of yet. Do you have any suggestions? Someday I'll probably buy one of the surefire models to use between my Fusion and my Sig p220 super match. I'm afraid finding a holster for the railed 1911 won't be a real easy task.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.