1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I finally got it. 400 rounds down the pipe w/ no problems at all. When I took delivery of it at my local FFl, everyone
raised an eyebrow and asked, "Who is Fusion?"with a half cocked smiles. Well, all it took was for me to open the case and the
disbelievers piped down pretty quickly. One employee commented on how nice the checkering job was and said it was one of the
nicest he's seen. As I was completeing the paperwork, he racked the slide back and exclaimed---wow, that's really nice, no slop
at all. It was at that point I was the one smiling.

The pistol is really sweet; the guys at Fusion have done a nice job once again. It's all about the details. The 30 LPI
checkering is ultra clean, the fluted trigger guard, the chamfered guide rod, the polished feed ramp, split hammer...etc. Below are pics
of the gun and the little details mentioned. The gun performs flawlessly regardless of what ammo I put in it. The only
change was I removed the Novak adjustable rear sight and mounted a Burris FastFire red dot. I am now the envy of my shooting
buddies; thanks Fusion! The biggest hoo-rah for me is the gun was delivered exactly the way I wanted it---in my eyes this
is truly custom.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Looks excellent

·
Registered
116 Posts
Love the hammer, I picked the same one. Great looking gun. It is real amazing how people talk crap about them until they pick it up for themselves. Thats when they shut up

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments everybody. The pics don't do it justice. I'm not a photographer, it's was still dirty from the range, and it was 1:30AM when the photos were taken. WWII ----I agree the hammer is so cool. Everyone that sees it totally digs it. And you hit the nail on the head---most people think that if your not dropping $3k+ on a gun, it cant possibly be that good or it's not truly custom. Then I show them my Fusion. Everyone that has saw/shot it walks away impressed and asking me---"what was the name of their website?". It's at that point I smile on the inside knowing I got a gun built exactly like I wanted it and kept the extra $1500 in my pocket.

The offer stills stands from my first post; anyone in my area is welcome to shoot it at the local range. (you provide the ammo though--the latest prices even for reloaders are getting hard to take :biglaugh:.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That's a sweet looking pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's at that point I smile on the inside knowing I got a gun built exactly like I wanted it and kept the extra $1500 in my pocket.:.[/QUOTE]

See that is where you are wrong!!!!! You don't have $1500 in you pocket because now you are an addict. Fusion=Crack shoot one once and your hooked. In a month or so someone will post a Bobtail or those "evil" fusion pushers errr...makers will come up with something new and you will start craving one again. I know I am dying for a new one and there goes the $1500. Give it a few years and there will be a bunch of us sitting around a 12 step forum. I can just see myself saying

"Hi, my name is Tim and I am a Fusionaholic. It has be 2 weeks since I ordered my last fusion". :nuts:

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
That is super sweet

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WWII---you're a mind reader!!! Me thinks that a Bobtail like El Pistolero posted a few threads down is in my future (damn those Fusion guys!) OK, so now I'm out the $3k, but I have TWO quality, sweet looking handguns. Let us know if you ever get the 12 step program off the ground, I just may have to join. I too am a Fusion Addict.

Thanks to all for the great comments.

·
Registered
143 Posts
WWII---you're a mind reader!!! Me thinks that a Bobtail like El Pistolero posted a few threads down is in my future (damn those Fusion guys!) OK, so now I'm out the $3k, but I have TWO quality, sweet looking handguns. Let us know if you ever get the 12 step program off the ground, I just may have to join. I too am a Fusion Addict.

I think the "Twelve-Step Program" requires a hi-capacity mag and frame. For now I fear you'll have to settle for the "Eight-Step Program". Then again you do have a few extra c-notes!
Shee iz reeel purdy though:biglaugh:

·
Registered
692 Posts
That's a very good looking pistol! Man at those prices, Fusions should be in very high demand, and soon!

Thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
It's at that point I smile on the inside knowing I got a gun built exactly like I wanted it and kept the extra $1500 in my pocket.:.
See that is where you are wrong!!!!! You don't have $1500 in you pocket because now you are an addict. Fusion=Crack shoot one once and your hooked. In a month or so someone will post a Bobtail or those "evil" fusion pushers errr...makers will come up with something new and you will start craving one again. I know I am dying for a new one and there goes the $1500. Give it a few years and there will be a bunch of us sitting around a 12 step forum. I can just see myself saying

"Hi, my name is Tim and I am a Fusionaholic. It has be 2 weeks since I ordered my last fusion". :nuts:[/QUOTE]

Ain't it the truth. Congrats on a great looking pistola. +1 on the trigger.

Snag

·
Registered
4,029 Posts

How are you liking the Burris Fast Fire so far i have been looking at them

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How are you liking the Burris Fast Fire so far i have been looking at them
It's not bad---basically a 'poor man's' Docter. The dot isn't as defined as the Docter red-dot, but the again it's $200 less. The mounts that Burris sell are horrible. Since my slide was originally cut for a Novak, I ordered the Novak/Bomar mount (at least that's Burriis calls it.) The problem is even though the fore mentioned sights have similar dovetails, they are not exactly the same. The Burris mount had a ton of slop when I tried mounting it to my gun. I was able to machine a mount from an older sight I had. I've read online that the Burris is so much a copy of the Docter, that it is possbile to mount the Burris sight using Docter mounts. I wish I knew that before I went thought the trouble of making my own. Otherwise, the sight itself is pretty good if your looking for a sight that doesn't dominate the top of your gun.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the "Twelve-Step Program" requires a hi-capacity mag and frame. For now I fear you'll have to settle for the "Eight-Step Program". Then again you do have a few extra c-notes!
Shee iz reeel purdy though:biglaugh:
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
It's not bad---basically a 'poor man's' Docter. The dot isn't as defined as the Docter red-dot, but the again it's $200 less. The mounts that Burris sell are horrible. Since my slide was originally cut for a Novak, I ordered the Novak/Bomar mount (at least that's Burriis calls it.) The problem is even though the fore mentioned sights have similar dovetails, they are not exactly the same. The Burris mount had a ton of slop when I tried mounting it to my gun. I was able to machine a mount from an older sight I had. I've read online that the Burris is so much a copy of the Docter, that it is possbile to mount the Burris sight using Docter mounts. I wish I knew that before I went thought the trouble of making my own. Otherwise, the sight itself is pretty good if your looking for a sight that doesn't dominate the top of your gun.
yeah i dont want a super size sight dont need it vs a smaller one like that

1 - 20 of 32 Posts