1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever tried it i have read about it quite a few times..

If the gun is setup Correctly it should feel a live round then empty Never tried it to today till i had a colt Sloppy and i mean sloppy colt commander out .. i said WTH ill try it hydra shock then empty hydra Empty etc etc till 8 round mag was full.. Well the old colt fed um by had interesting gonna try it on some guns later this week.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I remember correctly it was something Bill Wilson came up with......as a way to show/prove reliable feeding in a gun that had been worked on. Mainly the throating, though I thought he said to hand cycle it to check it.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I have done it by hand...never tried firing a live one to feed an empty...but I will, just to see what happens.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I gotta try it too. Never heard of it but got to try it to see if mine are uuuuhhmm reliable.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I tried it in my Norinco awhile ago by manually racking the slide and it fed them reliably. I have never tried it in the other 1911's.

My buddy had a S&W 4506 that had been gone over by Novak. When I bought it from him he claimed it was so good it could feed empties. I never had feeding issues, only extraction issues. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
yes, by hand and by firing a live round. never a hick-up using quality mags.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts