1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I'm just wondering what ammo you guys like to carry in your favorite carry guns. In my .45's, I carry Cor-Bon 165 grain +p powerballs and jhp. They have a muzzle velocity of 1250fps. That puts them at .357 magnum power, but .45 caliber holes :nuts:. In my 9mm I carry Cor-Bon 90 grain +p. I think those little guys are rated at something like 1400 or 1500 fps. I can't really remember, but they are really zippy. When I used to have a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454, I would carry Cor-Bon 335 grain super hard cast at 1600 fps. Those monsters had 1900 fp of energy. That was my "fishing in NW Montana" gun.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I'm the oddball that carries reloads...230 grain XTP's loaded to 820 fps from a 4.25 inch barrel (just shy of +P in some books...the bottom end of +P in others).

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bud,
I'm drawing a blank. What does HST stand for? I probably already know, but I didn't get enough sleep last night, and I'm having a hard time thinking. A common problem that thinking thing is.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
They never have them in stock.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
1911 - 230gr Hydra Shoks or Remington 230gr JHP's

357 - 115gr Winchester JHP's

9mm - Fiocchi 124gr JHP's

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Bud,
I'm drawing a blank. What does HST stand for? I probably already know, but I didn't get enough sleep last night, and I'm having a hard time thinking. A common problem that thinking thing is.

Hydrashok and im sure the T is for tactile or some BS like that

my local shop keeps hst in stock

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
230 gr Hydrashoks. Any premium JHP will do perfectly fine, but Hydrashoks have always run 100% in my 1911's,so I know they'll work if I need them to.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Yeah,I had some Gold Dots and they had a few performance issues in a Kimber and a Dan Wesson. I know Gold Dots are pretty good,but it got in my head and I can't carry them now.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.