1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I'm the most famous person in my family, at least in my mind anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I am such a homebody that I have never met anyone famous.
Dont know anyone whose name would be know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used to go to a few Nascar races. Met Rusty Wallace, Jeff Bodine, Jeff Gordon, Dale Jarrett, Ned Jarrett, Benny Parsons & probably a couple others that I don't remember.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Not related to anyone, but have serviced the (personal) vehicles of ****** Herzog (former Cardinals skipper) and Chuck Berry on multiple occasions, and chatted a bit. Chuck loves to tell jokes..... :rofl:

Also met John Ross and ended up taking his concealed carry course, and got to shoot on his personal range. (Including shooting his full-auto Thompson.) Needless to say it was a great time! :dancingbananna:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Met and played guitar with Merle Travis in Harlan Ky...twice...no relation.

Old friend of mine's ex grew up with Andie McDowel in Gaffney, SC. If you're ever on-site where she is...yell "Hey Rosie!" and she'll walk straight over to ya. She's tall, and prettier in person. She also reverts back to her SC Southern Belle accent...which is a plus IMO. Very charming girl.

Played cards with Lash LaRue in Gaffney when he was living there. My bud, mentioned above, used to run an auto repair shop, and worked on Lash' Caddy many times. Fine fella, ol' Lash.

Distantly related to jockey Willie Shoemaker. 3rd cousins, I think.

Met Carlos Hathcock coming out of a grocery store in Va. Beach. Went back and looked him up a few years later after he started to get sick...just to say hello. He remembered the meeting and called me by name. Nice guy, straight down to the ground.

Briefly met Ah-nold and Maria Shriver in Wrightsville Beach at the Holiday Inn before they were married.

Met and played guitar with Chet Atkins on several occasions in King, NC where I used to live when he'd stop to visit an old friend. Also ate breakfast on a number of occasions with the band "Alabama" whenever they stayed in the area with Keith Fowler. Arrogant bunch. They've forgotten their roots...from the days when they played for tips in South Myrtle Beach...and came away with a pocketful of quarters and not much more most nights. Hadn't been for Fowler, they'd still be there, I reckon.

Met and hunted rabbits on his property near Mocksville, NC with Thomas Ferebee, the man who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. He never spoke of the bomb, and I never asked. He sold the farm and moved to Florida when I was about 15, and I never saw him again.

Met U-2 Pilot Francis Gary Powers on a number of occasions. He went to HS with my first cousin in Wise County, Va. Gary lived in Pound...my cousin between Pound and Coeburn. Grundy High School. The first real guitar I ever picked up belonged to Powers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm a descendant of Sir John Comyn, known as the Red Comyn (because of his red beard).

He was a contender for the throne of Scotland and in 1306 was stabbed to death in the Greyfriars Church in Dumfries by Robert the Bruce (remember him from Braveheart?) because he apparently refused to renounce his claim in favour of Robert. Interesting and very murky waters in those days...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Once met a little known quarterback by the name of Joe Willie Namath or something like that at the University of Alabama, at that time he wasn't very famous but went on to be pretty well known.

Worked for a lady in No. Alabama in the mid 60s that sang duet with George Jones by the name of Melba Montgomery.

Met George Jones a few times, the first time in 1962 or 3 when he was campaigning for George Wallace. Old No Show is one of the nicest and down to earth men you'll ever meet.

Back in the 80s, I got to met and play guitar with a couple of Hank Williams Sr's Drifting Cowboy Band members.

From Dec 1998 to Jun 2000 I worked in Nashville on Fifth Ave. a half block from the RCA building. I was always bumping into Chet Atkins or some or artist but never had the chance to meet or talk to them. I also see them in the restaurants.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I use to be a pro wrestler in the late 70's ..I once fought one the heavy weight champs of Puerto Rico. I use to workout at a hardcore gym in Hartford CT. called Hartford Barbell .. A guy that came in for a month was a pro wrestler and I got to be friends with him and starting fighting part time. I would fly to Puerto Rico using vacation time I had .. I was a little crazy in my youth and met some rough dudes but I have always been a good fighter and a little nuts myself.
I met many wrestler at gyms and body building events.. I lived close to Bob Backland years ago in CT. and worked out with him at a gym in Manchester CT..back in the day.
I also met Rick Flare … Hulk Hogan…Sgt Slaughter… Superstar Billy Graham
.. S D Jones
Capt Lou Albano… Andre the Giant …Bruiser Brody Pat Patterson
Vince McMahon and others. I am good friends with Joe Lucero who has had his dogs used on Fear Factor twice and the Hulk movie .. I met Robbie Robinson and Frank Zane both pro body builders from the late 70’s .. one of my friends also guest posed at the Mr. Ct and they where also there. I also ran into a Serial Killer and other scumbags being a Correction Officer for 20 years. Serial Killer - - Michael Ross was in the Hartford Jail when I started and was in the first block I had .. I met a Rapper that was doing time at CCIE when I worked there Keith Murray.
I also had Felix Millet who created the Almighty Latin King Nation of Connecticut in a unit before they shipped him out of state.
I now live in TN and have a very peaceful and quiet life.....:wink: I met Martina McBride and her husband who bought a NH Heinie Tactical Carry Pistol at the range I go too gunsandleather in Greenbrier, TN 4 months ago when I first moved to TN.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Damn,Lucho!!!!!!!!!!:smile::smile:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.