Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This should be a fun and interesting thread!!! :smile:

Is anyone related to or know any one famous be it movie stars, sports figures, rock stars or what have you??

I will start. I am related to Lou Ferrigno who played the Incredible Hulk on the TV series!!! My father-in-law was real good friends with Walter Cronkite from the news.
I also have a neighbor, Joe Mickles who played at one time for the San Diego Chargers and the Washington Redskins and now he is the strength conditioning coach for the Redskins. :smile:

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Three NFL players from the late '70s.
One of 'em is my wife's cousin.

Two I went to school with.

Didn't know him, but Jack Lambert was raised about 20 miles north of me.

I HUGGED Rachel Ray once too!!!

...l.T.A.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Hmm...no,I've never known,met,or been related to anyone remotely famous. Seen a few St. Louis pro athletes out and about,but never pestered them. Jason Isringhausen,a pitcher for the Cardinals,was in line right in front of me at Home Depot once!

But on my dad's maternal side,I go back to Paul Revere. Pretty cool huh? Wonder what he'd think about things now...

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Met and have talked Hunting with Ted Nugent a Couple times.. thats about it

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is all pretty cool guys!!!:smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I bet you mind your P's and Q's around the inlaws.:biglaugh:

·
COTEP door greeter
91 Posts
My Dads' cousin is James Rosenquist. He is credited with being a founder of the modern "Pop Art" movement but most people recognize the name Andy Warhol more for his Cambells Soup Cans and Marilyn Monroe pieces.

Jimmys' work is really really big as he developed his trade by painting billboards in Minnesota in the late 50's and the 60's. Most paintings are billboard size and some, like the F-111 make up four walls when displayed forming a room around you. For a benchmark of "fame" one of his paintings called the F-111 sold for 11,000,000 when it was auctioned off as a part of the collection of some Taxi cab Millionaire from New York City. It is a satyrical depiction of the plane with common everyday items superimposed over it such as hairdryers, toasters, lightbulbs and so on.

When we went to Jimmys' wedding in NY he introduced us to so many A listers I couldn't name them all after all this time. I do remember Andy Warhol (sorta hard not to) and Susan Kennedy. I remember how he kept introducing us as someone "those" people had to meet as if he was introducing them to someone famous instead of the other way around. That might have been his sense of humor or he is that proud of his family, but it makes a kid feel pretty damn good about himself.

Wikipedia is a good idea I guess = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Rosenquist

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1shotneeded, I have to agree!!! Yours is the best so far my friend!!! I only wish my dad was still here as my shooting partner!!! He was a 30 year Navy veteran and then 18 with the U.S. Postal Service. Retired and passed away 6 months later.:flag:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Got to do some work with Zig Ziglar in the late 90's - Great man. I was in a Bible study group with a couple of NFL players once. My wife has an uncle who was an All-American Arkansas Razorback and went on to be in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and won a Grey Cup or two.

I've had a handful of work-related interactions with other celeb-types. My favorite was this one... Terri Clark.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Got to do some work with Zig Ziglar in the late 90's - Great man. I was in a Bible study group with a couple of NFL players once. My wife has an uncle who was an All-American Arkansas Razorback and went on to be in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame and won a Grey Cup or two.

I've had a handful of work-related interactions with other celeb-types. My favorite was this one... Terri Clark.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/rollback88/Fun Stuff/TerriClarksmall.jpg
I've always heard she was a big "anti-gun" queen.
Nice pic btw. :)

ETA: Found this - http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=15 Down at the "Anti-Gun Individuals & Celebrities" section.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Speaking of Ted Nugent, I sat behind the Motor City Madman on a flight from Kalamazoo, Mi to Minneapolis one time. He was on his way to do an Archery demo at a South Dakota Sportsmans show. The lefties all call him whacko but around here, we have real whackos like al Franken and Garison Keillor.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not related to anyone famous that I am aware of, But I have met these famous people on one or more than one occasion, Catherine Bach, James Best, Sonny Shroyer, Rick Hurst, Tom Wopat, Gary Baxley, Russle Solberg, Henry Kinji.
and I am pretty good friends with these people, John Schneider, Ben Jones, Tom Sarmento, Corey Eubanks, Al Wyatt Jr., James Smith.

I think that is all of them.

Oh, and I have met Charlton Heston and Wayne LaPierre once.

And some of you may not know who these guys are, but I am good friends with Kevin Young, Tim Barret, Brad Noah, and Joey Fife.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.