1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried the new ETM magazines? I use to be a 100% 47D guy, but over the last year I have been picking up more and more of the Chip McCormick Extra Power magazines. I see that Wilson has finally come out with a 10 round 9mm magazine in the ETM series, but I have been well pleased with the Tripp Research magazines I have, but I'm always willing to upgrade:biggrin:. Anyway, I would love to hear first hand range reports.:bazooka:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I will listen to the reports too. Probably have enough 47Ds, Tripp Rs, & 10rd Wilsons to last me the rest of my life on this earth but will consider the info good education.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a new ETM mag to try. My Kimber didn't like it, I guess. Had a couple of FTF's out of four uses. No problems with 47D or Tripp or Checkmate. (all 8-rounders) May just be my gun, though.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I am stickin w/ the 47Ds. I got the Trip in a trade that it came w/ the gun. It works good so I use it.
At my age I probably have enough 47Ds here to leave a few unused to my son when I die.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wilson ETM mags

I have four of the Wilson Combat ETM magazines, I like the magazine. They work in Wilson CQB, Wilson Combat Classic, Nighthawk GRP and Ed Brown Special Forces.

The only time I ever have problems is when the magazines get dirty, quick clean up and they run like new.

I know some people think the base pad is to wide for concealed carry, I do not have any issue with the base pad.

I am not throwing away my 47D magazines.

I used the magazines at a Lewis Awerbuck class for two days, dropped them on a concrete floor, one base pad came partially off in two days, slide pad back on and no problem.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I actually sold some of my 47Ds to fund some ETMs, the only thing I like better is that I get smoother reloads if the slide is forward. They're a little cheaper than the Cobra Mags IIRC and more vendors carry them.

The mags run fine in my Les Baer TRS, I haven't tried them in my other 1911s yet.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Wilson ETM's work great in both my Kimber first series. MK

·
Registered
6 Posts
How do these work in a gun with an extended magwell installed? Are they long enough to seat properly? Does the magwell interfere with the wider base pad? Pics would be great. Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
174 Posts
How do these work in a gun with an extended magwell installed? Are they long enough to seat properly? Does the magwell interfere with the wider base pad? Pics would be great. Thanks in advance for any responses.
I've had no real problems seating the mags in a gun with a Smith&Alexander mag well installed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You know it's funny. Not sure about y'all but I have 1911's that only like Chip McCormick Power mags. I have 1911's that will only work with a Wilson 47D and then some only work consistently with the ETM. I would like to see someone make a flat base 8 round mag for our Bobtail pistols. I have a new Guncrafter 45 ACP commander size bobtail and it works great with any mag but for concealment, I'd like the flush bases.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.