1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Ed brown pictures

18K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  jjolar 
#1 ·
Post ed brown's finest here

#4 ·
Executive Target get a good cleaning:

#6 ·
I like the way Ed Brown thinks on using guide rod plugs instead of FLGR's .The 1911 was always a S/D pistol and if wounded you can still rack the slide with your shoe or belt.
SIg also has the same way of thinking. I almost replaced all my carry 1911 with Plugs instead of the FLGR's They add nothing to being accurate, they may help spring bindinding if you ever seen it happen?

#9 ·
Yep only one's i have not changed is My RZ-10 in 10mm it still has a FLGR and my XSE since it has never been shot

#13 ·
OK, dumb question but how does one rack the slide utilizing the recoil spring plug? :thinking:
You don't rack the slide all the way. You press the slide back a little to see if there's a round in the chamber. When I do it (seldom) I hook my thumb in the trigger guard and press the side of my index finger against the recoil plug. That will take the slide out of battery and let me see into the ejection port.

#14 ·
So in case of a life and death situtaion it can be racked with your belt or heel of your shoe.
Primers, you are describing a "press check", yes?
The above quote seems (to me) to reference fully racking the slide to chamber a fresh round (life & death) as in using one of the sights on the edge of a table, etc. Just wondering how a FLGR has any effect in that type of situation. :confused:

#15 ·
Oh you're right, I guess the FLGR would have no effect if you racked the slide with the rear sight. The "press check" is another story altogether.

#18 ·
My Browns, I have 2 more on Layaway but these guys hang out with me:shades: Stainless Kobra Carry

Naked Slide Executive Elite

With Ivory grips installed

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.