1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Ed Brown on the way. My first 1911 at this quality level - figured I better get one before I retire. Anyhow I just read a post on the break in of the Les Baer. I assume the Ed Brown will be the same - shoot a few hundred rounds through it before doing any cleaning. I was told that the better guns have a break in oil from the factory. Of course I could just wait and read the directions, but I figured it couldn't hurt to get some experienced owners feedback.
Thanks
RonWK

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the forum first of all! And, congrats on a new Ed Brown!

Browns are generally not as tight as Baer pistols. Ed's motto is "build 'em right, not tight". For what all that is worth, I don't know. My Browns lock up as tight as my Baers.

Ed Browns do not need any "break-in" period, per se. Ed will say to run them pretty wet. Mine have been flawless from the start.

With a new 1911, I have learned that it is good to shoot 300-500 rounds before the first cleaning, to get some good lapping going on. I shot 1,000. rounds before cleaning my new EE:

The action is smooth as silk.

Enjoy your new pistol! Be sure to post a pic and give us a range report when it arrives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
IMHO, 500rds min. for brake in. 100rds with100% of your carry load. My Kobra Carry,230gr. Gold Dots. With HST a close 2nd.( 98%) Winchester PDX1 is a great round. but would not feed 100%. Every gun is a different when it comes to a custom. All the experimenting is a little $$$ but what's your life worth?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.