1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Do any of you have any experience with the elite match. They look great. I am interested in one in 9mm. They are SAO, have a mag capacity of 18 rnds (in 9mm), supposedly have an excellent trigger, they are hand fitted in the custom shop, and are capable of great accuracy. Perhaps best of all, my favorite gun shop said they could get me one for $479.00. I would love to hear about any opinions or experiences with them. The two negatives that I have read about these is: one, EAA's customer service sucks, and two, often times the magazine base pads need to be sanded down a couple thousandths for the magazines to seat correctly.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't think that you would be disappointed in the perfromance of the Witness Elite Match. You can shoot the daylights out of them, without so much as a "burp" and they'll come back for more. (BTW, the extra barrel length of the Elite Match will soak up recoil as if there were no tomorrow.)

P.S. When I can afford it, I am going to purchase a "Match" slide/barrel combination for my 10mm Witness. This should assure me of a long life for my pistol, and the extra velocity that the 6" of barrel that it provides.

Try it, You'll like it!

Scott

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure that I would love one of these, but I keep going back and forth between these and the Beretta 92fs for my next hand gun. I realize that the trigger, and accuracy will probably be better with the elite match, but I just love those berettas and have wanted one for a long time. I really like the m9a1 model. The EAA would be cheaper though. Hmmmmm.......

·
Registered
135 Posts
I really think that you would be encouraged to hear that the 9mm Witness Match is an EXCELLENT value for the money! Their .45 ACP Match has an excellent reputation as well.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.