1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys seen the price increases so far? I figured they were coming so I laid away a cbob .45 but it looks like the 10mm cbob went up the most and at buds it's over 900.00 now.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/82/products_id/18000

The .45 is lower at 860.+ shipped:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/82/products_id/17999

I laid a .45 away at whittakers for 819. plus 20. shipping for 839. shipped but they have gone up there to 863.99 plus the 20.00 shipping and the 10mm 887.99 plus the 20.

http://whittakerguns.com/

I think they will probably go up even more.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
No surprising ever one is going up Rare Metals are just going up and up and up

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, most seem to go up shortly after the year also anyway.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Figured this was coming. DW's have steadily gone up for a while now.

·
COTEP door greeter
91 Posts
There ought to be some pics of those new models circulating soon, I wonder what the pricepoint on the Valor will be with the ceram-coat and VZ320's. No threadjack intended as a new model doesn't really count in an "increase thread"

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The msrp prices I have seen are higher than the existing models, I doubt I will be ordering them.

Here's the list from whittakers:

·
COTEP door greeter
91 Posts
Wow. The CBOB appears to have gone up by about $60 since I bought mine in '06 which is understandable.

The Valor I can see some extra cost with the ceramcoat but that's a huge leap, from my perspective I wonder if someone doesn't have their dealer and MSRP prices transposed where you pasted that from Jerry. And what is up with with the SS Custom .40? Maybe it involves more hand fitting but that seems like quite a margin between it and the other stainless models. Maybe there is a shark shortage.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, I think DW's are no longer a "well kept secret". They are a well built pistol for that price and most everyone has seen it coming at some point. I am glad again that I got my cbob .45 laid away for 817., I would have preferred to wait but I saw buds go up in price and laid one away at whittakers before they upped theirs.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Nope i don't think they are anymore either lets hope they don't have the growing probs of kimber now

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think they already have had some growing pains. I don't think it's been major, but I have seen pics of a few that should have not gone out. I think they may be working past that though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok, I know you might be able to get these guns from other people for less because they keep their margins lower. But if you really compare these guns to others on the market, with all these features and name brand parts, nearly 0 MIM coupled the low numbers do you really think that $879 is too high? If you ask me we are way too low or everyone else is way too high including Kimber, Springfield and Para. They produce in one month what we do in a year.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I agree with you, Keith. I'm all about saving money and I hate to see prices go up,but there are certain brands that are overpriced,particularly brands that have top-end models with plenty of mim and so-so fitting.

I can't say that DW compares to Baer or Brown because I've never had one,but DW certainly stacks up pretty well against some expensive Kimbers and Springfields that I've seen,which IMO are the overpriced models.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
My DW Pointman 7 Fair pretty well against my Baer .. Its not as tight but fit and finish is getting close .. counting its not a custom i think the DW does pretty dang well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts