1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no clue as to why this seems to have just now caught my attention................Are all Rock Longslides "Bulls" ?????? And what's the reasoning behind this?

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
My Springfield Long Slide is a bull also. So now you've got me wondering too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is the best place to order a Long Slide?
That would be A D V A N C E D T A C T I C A L.:biglaugh:

Thanx for the responses guys, I just got my computer up and running again since I started this thread. Just a small ''Thermo-Nuclear'' failure of the hard drive. But that's what happens when you don't turn your machine off for about two and a half years!!(seriously).

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Are you saying they are all bull barrels?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what that Shooter guy said, as far as Rocks anyway? I just picked it up from a pic of someones shootin' iron I saw, then I started rifling through all the longslide photos I could find on my computer and "poof"- there they be........all bulls. Shortly there after,I posted this thread. But then again, what does this LVShooter guy know? C'mon, he's only got 9 posts to his credit!!!!!!!:whistle:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The six inch match guns have been imported in very limited numbers. We don't have a shipment schedueled for another couple of months. If you're having trouble locating something please feel free to contact me directly.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I should have to pay for this much comedy!
:rofl:
Ray, these are a good ole bunch of clowns on here!!!:rofl:

You guys do know that Ray is Ivan's right hand man at Armscor in Nevada!!:notworthy: Ray and Ivan are both accomplished competition shooters also so they know what they are talking about!!!! Keep up the great work guys!!!

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Time to throw a monkey wrench in.

Les Baer's longslide is a standard bbl with bushing. Tracy

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Also, my SA longslide stock bbl is a bull, but my Storm Lake Mach Co comped bbl has a bushing. Tracy

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I new the Baer was a bushing.. but being a bull barrel on the rest makes my intrest in one Go to Zero

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man, people are really adamant about their Bull vs. Bushing & Full Length vs. Standard Guide Rod.

Come on kids,if it weren't for Ray and Ivan. it would be......" Rock Islan......... . . Who? " in this country.If nothing else,you can bet your transom Armscor would not have 1/100th the brand loyalty they have.But that's just how I see it.:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I had never heard of ray or ivan when i bought my RIA

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hadn't either, but I can guarantee you 90% of the threads that go something like "Newbie to 1911's/First 1911 Pistol" contains a few lines like..." couldn't make up my mind as to which maker to purchase,but after reading all the praises about the guys at Advanced/Armscor and how they stand behind their product,I had to go with Rock and I'm glad I did!!!". That gets allot of people talking,which gets people buying. I can say with absolute certainty that if I ever buy another RIA, Ray and Ivan will be the only reason. But that's just me.:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.