1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty then, whats the skinny on these guys, have read what little have found on the net, chatted with a fella or two over at thr, so anyone got the lowdown, they seem to be reasonably thought of.
Any info would be appreciated.
rj

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Seems most like them the company has been in and out of Bizz several times .. Not sure if they are around or not at this point in time

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Supposedly someone just bought them and they are in transition. I think their website is still down.

Detonics and its assets were acquired by Double Nickel LLC. In Novermber 2007, Detonics Manufacturing Corporation announced that they planned to open a new assembly plant in either Millstadt or Belleville, Illinois. The proposed plant would focus on assembly of 1911-style pistols, perhaps moving into assembly of tactical rifles at some point in the future. [Excerpted from the Belleville News-Democrat, Nov 15, 2007, page 1]

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have one of the orginals . Its a nice pistol but a bit heavy. I belive my Colt Defender and Agent are the way to go today . I still carry once in a while and I shoot it Its accurate and relieable . Just wish some body would buy and keep company open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts