1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been speaking with Bob about a possible purchase. I had asked about deliveries and was told approximately 12 weeks. I just read on another board someone is 20 weeks and counting . . . ouch.

Realizing this is a custom firearm and things can happen, what sort of deliveries have you guys been getting?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I forgot to add that I told Bob that he could take his time, as I wasn't going to have all of the money to pay it off for a while anyway. I don't know if that contributed to the 6 month time or not. What I got turned out to be the nicest gun I have ever owned. Here is a pic. for you to drool over:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bob or Dale can verify this, but from what I've gathered from our conversations, lead times vary with the series and caliber you've selected. For instance I believe I heard that Scout-series pistols in .45ACP are always being fit (slide to frame), waiting for an order. While something like my tactical in .40 doesn't have a freshly fit "pair" (slide / frame) waiting in a bin somewhere.

I believe the pro-series has a 6-month wait while most of the pre-fit ones can be done in 3.

But again, that's just what I've picked up from various phone/email conversations. I too am not over impatient. I'd rather it be done right, than done poorly to satisfy my "I want to shoot it NOW" desires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.