1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the news on MSN and found this. It is in reference to the recent Supreme Court ruling on lethal injection. Here is a quote from the article made by a convicted murderer, "It’s just terrible," said Paris Powell, a convicted killer at the Oklahoma State Prison in McAlester. He added: "It’s like the air has just been let out of a balloon. There’s disbelief that the ruling came so quickly, but it goes further than just right now. It’s now official that the death penalty is here to stay forever, really."

Below is the link to the full article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24167221

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Good...now if they could find a way to speed up the process...something that would prevent taxpayers from having to feed and shelter them for 15 years before "the day" comes...3 years is plenty of time for appeals.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Right now in Louisiana we are waiting to hear the verdict from the supreme court as well... Louisiana is attempting to give the death penalty to a guy who raped an 8 year old girl. Supreme Court is going to decide whether the state can give the death penalty for a crime that didn't involve homicide.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I'm sorry but if they did a heinous crime such as rape or murder what does it matter if they suffer. Sure I don't want anyone to suffer, but what about the person they did the crime against. Besides if they are truly remorseful and have even gotten right with the Lord and asked his forgiveness, that doesn't take the place of the repercussions that are duly his/hers.
If they want a painless way to die, bring back hanging. Once it snaps the neck, the pain receptors below the injury won't work.
I'm glad they upheld the death penalty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm sorry but if they did a heinous crime such as rape or murder what does it matter if they suffer.
But don't you know that only the criminals have rights? :eek:
(said with tongue firmly planted in cheek) :biggrin:

If there is DNA evidence or if they were literally caught in the act, three years is way more than needed.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Death row inmates are worried about a painful execution. Cry me a river. See fellas,that's called "not thinking ahead". You guys really should have thought about that before you did whatever heinous crime put ya on death row in the first place. You know it was bad,in our justice system you have to screw up royally to get yourself executed.

Maybe they're right though. We should have the decency to simply put a .22 in the back of the skull. Quick and painless.

I have no sympathy for murderers,rapists,and child molesters,and I do not apologize for my stance. Yet I do not wish them undue pain,and as a Christian it's my hope that they truly repent and find forgiveness in Christ. But while they may find peace with God,their crimes must still be answered for here.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I have no sympathy for murderers,rapists,and child molesters,and I do not apologize for my stance.
Same here, well said.

·
1911auto Supporters
83 Posts
This is another topic that falls under the "I can't believe this crap!" We, as a society, cater to the law breakers and give them more rights than legal citizens.
Lets get to an eye for an eye, law system. I am currently going though the judicial system trying to help my girlfriend put away a 19 year old career criminal (his sheet started at 13) who broke into my girlfriends home. Most of his crime was as a minor so it cant be applied under AZ law as an adult. He was arrested for drug possession and theft, 7 days after getting out of jail, he broke into my girls home, 3 weeks later he was to stand trial for the burglary, but was back in jail on another charge of breaking and entering. This is all in Maricopa County where they have the great Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Its sickening to see the process and I get angry seeing the public defender stand up and make excuses for the criminal. It also doesn't help to have weak judges.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've heard that they have a shortage of people willing to "throw the switch".
I'm not very busy right now...:shades:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Make a board w/ 5 switches & put them in another room. 4 are dead & one is hot. No one knows which is which.

·
1911auto Supporters
286 Posts
I hope with this ruling that the criminals on death row will feel alittle of the fear and despair that their victims felt.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I hope with this ruling that the criminals on death row will feel alittle of the fear and despair that their victims felt.
Well said, Sir.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I say inject them with battery acid through a dirty, used needle and get on with it. Now if they would cut the appeals down to a reasonable amount of time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts