1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
COTEP door greeter
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry no pics at this time...

I tried a quick search and came up dry so I thought I would post how overwhelmingly pleased I am with my new grips. They may not be my first choice in color but they are growing on me as we speak.

I acquired them in an auction elsewhere from an acitve 1911 afficianado who goes by Sloo50. Great guy to deal with and he guaranteed my satisfaction, even offered a buyback. He admitted some sellers remorse:wavey:.

Anyway, Compared to Double Diamond, Fully checkered Alumagrips and Davidsons' Horned Lizards I prefer the Wyrm pattern... but that is just my $.02 for $.02 less than its' face value.

The fit of Larry Davidsons product is first rate. I am happy to report that they bear a minimalistic notch for the mag release (relief on right panel) which I prefer in appearance to the more open crescent seen on VZ and Alumagrips I have run across. In my opinion the larger crescent looks more one size fits most, whether it is more traditional or where its' origins lie is unbeknownst to me.

Nice Job Larry, from a satisfied second owner and guaranteed return customer.

And Thank you again Sloo50

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Sounds good, maybe some pic's later on?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
We need some pics

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I would like a pic too. I have seen some snake but no lizard.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Sloo50...I think I've dealt with him,and since I've never been shafted he must be g2g. :)

I know what your grips look like,and Larry's grips are very good. Did you put them on black or stainless?

·
COTEP door greeter
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put them on Stainless, my RZ-10 to be specific and yes I will eventually get some pics up...

I have my own flaming hoops to go through to accomplish posting pics until I get a newer fangled PC that talks nice with my new fangled digi-camera. I enjoy posting pics it just takes some extra steps in my case.

·
COTEP door greeter
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Pics of Wyrm pattern in Olive G10

Well, that didn't take as long as it usually does. Let me know what you think guys.

It is far easier to see what the pattern looks like on a solid color than it is on the different color laminates such as green/black, red,black etc..., the different layers get pretty crazy looking when machined which looks cool, but it is harder to distinguish the surface texture.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for introducing me to this forum CAS. There appears to be a lot of informative info here! Thanks for the kind words CAS Gunfighter! I am very glad you are enjoying the WYRMS!

I posted a few pictures of my DW's in the picture section.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Wes

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Looks like a different grip for sure how is it on grabbing clothes do they slide off or?

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Larry is a great guy to work with. Super nice and will make the grips in almost any configuration you could want. I have never tried the Wyrm pattern but do have (2) sets of his Horned Lizards and I'm very pleased with them.

Zack Phillips
Shooters Plus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts