1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got three or four private message, I cant bring them up. It says Datdbase error. Is any one else having this trouble?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I didnt last night but have no messages this am to check some of them are probley from the email spammer who is no longer with us

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
If it's from jeanette, just delete it as that was a spammer. I deleted jeanette's messages from the database and I guess that was a bad move, it's causing an error because when you try to open it, it's not there. I rebuilt the database tables but I guess the people that got the messages still show the message but get an error when they try to open it. Sorry, just trying to get rid of them before some of you got to it, next time I won't delete them.

In the meantime though just delete the jeanette message, it was spam.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I cannot get to my PM's either, data base error. 3:37pm

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
You guys can't get to any of your pm's?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I;m not sure working fine for me .. anyone else .. ill look into it but i doubt its anything we can fix jerry might have to reindex the database.. only he can do that

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I can on mine..

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Mikerbike, can't you just open private messages, put a checkmark by it and delete it without checking the message.

I did a bunch of maintenence rebuilding stuff, see what happens now.

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
All good for me.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I have ran all of the maintenance, reindixing and rebuilding, should be ok now except for jeanette's. Not sure why this is happening with other messages.

I don't see anything in the database at all now pertaining to jeanette's pm's so even that should not be a problem now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I still get the Database Error. I didn't ever try to open the message from Jeanette. I read the message as it came to me in my email and figured it to be spam, so I just ignored the pop up. When I logged in again, I got a pop up saying there is a PM from AutoMag and there is a "1" Unread message on the main page, but no luck even getting to the PM area.

--jcd

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
OK, guess I will try something else.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I can clear it up probley but will have to empty your pm box which will wipe out everything .. are you ok with that?

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
OK, I did a restore of the pm database. Try that and see how if it is. If it's still doing it then probably bud should try dumping your pm boxes before doing the full restore from backup and losing a little bit of stuff.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.