Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post pictures of your DW's here

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
First post in the new forum! Score!

Well,here they are,my three Dan Wessons. A black CBOB, bobtailed PM1, and an Aussie.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, really beautiful ones Zero. Thanks for joining us and sharing the pic's. I really like the Dw's. Is that black cbob by any chance a "severns"? It's really stunning.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Zero; I am truely impressed with your D.W pistols I see the work you done on them, job well done and good taste also. We need a full ragne report on how they shoot I have my eye on them now more then ever. :D

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, I think I recognize that black cbob. Didn't you have 2 ta's before?:)

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Hello everyone,thanks for the welcome!

Without going into too much detail and making a huge post,all three have been excellent shooters. The CBOB in particular has been 100% reliable since day one. I had a failure-to-feed on the very first mag and no stoppages at all since then. Ever. But I've made sure to use good magazines,so I'm sure that helps a lot. And yes,it had a little work done from Mr. Dave Severns...in fact,chances are you might recognize all three of these pistols (and me!) from elsewhere...
:)

So,am I the only guy here so far with DW's? :p

A little off-topic,but yeah,I used to have "two Trans Ams" :wink: Then I got married,and couldn't afford all my hobbies. So now I have zero. Hence,ZeroTA.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used to have a 10mm cbob, but no longer have it as i sold all of my 10mm's. I would like to have a .45.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Re: Zero what type trigger is on them?

Reconvic said:
The first looks like a STI and the second two look like Caspains?
:?: I don't know where DW gets their slides/frames/blanks from,but these are all Dan Wesson factory built pistols. Somewhat customized,but as far as the ATF is concerned they're Dan Wessons from Norwich,NY.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Oh,you mean the triggers!

D'oh, ZeroTA's already slippin'. :? You are right about the STI trigger in the CBOB. The other two are whatever DW used from the factory,which I heard could be Caspians or McCormick(depends what day your pistol was put together I guess). So afaik,you're right!

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Dan Wesson's are my Friends

Here are some pics of my DW's

My carry gun, a 10mm CBOB, and my .45 CCO

My 10mm Pointment/Patroit Hybrid

My Guardian Duce .45

I love these guns. Can hardly wait to get my Fusion 10mm LongSlide.

Bob Serva and his guys Rock :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree and very sweet DW's.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Honestly I do not know. At the time of purchase I think DW was using STI but I am no expert for sure. I think the solid trigger is a Greider like they used to use on the Razorbacks. I would love to be corrected if wrong. Geez, what a great forum. I feel like I am sitting around a table with my buddies. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is what we are shooting for Snag. No matter how much we may grow.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Well I am very happy to feel that I may be one of the ground floor guys, whatever that means. (18/18)

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha, we are just barely getting the floor layed.:)

Feedback is not only accepted, it's appreciated.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Hello Snagglepuss! Is the ol' COTEP flock migrating over here? Good to see you.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I figured that was you 2TA. Down to Zero? I still like the old forum but had a run in with a rude mod when I posted a Fusion photo thread. The atmosphere here is much more welcoming. Won't give up the DW forum in a minute however.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts