1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a thread a few days ago about trading in my Kimber Custom SIS RL for either the Smith and Wesson Gunsite edition or the Springfield Lightweight Champion. After a lot of thought, and helpful feedback on forums, I decided to get the Smith. So I drove to a local gun shop to work out the details on my trade. After the shop owner ordered one of the Smiths, we were getting ready to do the paperwork and said, come to think of it, I have a "Real Gunsite Gun". I looked at him perplexedly and said what do you mean a real Gunsite gun? He said that the Smith is a great deal for the money but that he has a gun that was customized at Gunsite by their smiths.

So, long story short, he brought out a beautiful Colt 1991A1 Commander (with a gigantic Gunsite Knife that Gunsite had included when the sent the gun to him) and I was hooked. I hope to still get Smith a little later, but I couldn't pass up this opportunity. So here are pictures of my first Colt

·
Registered
124 Posts
If it were me, I would stow that Cold Steel knife in my emergency kit, and carry something more user friendly.:smile:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I have a few benchmades I cycle back and forth between but feel like the cold steel should see a little bit of action (I think it would be funny to carry it in my cargo pants and when my wife asks to borrow my pocket knife, I'd love to see her eyes when I whipped that out). Right now, the CS just stays in a drawer. The emergency kit is a good idea though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you happen to have a itemization of what the Gunsite smithy did to the stock Commander (parts manufacturers)?

I can see: Novak sights, front slide serrations, some engraving, a beavertail grip safety, extended safety, flat mainspring housing...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.