1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
OOOOOOoooo, Hardboiled - what a beautiful gun and in such great shape.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks!

The pics were taken right after the custom work was done. However, the finish was done in IonBond DLC so it still looks like new and probably will for some time.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hybrid Custom...Stainless Series 70 repro, VZ blasted black canvas Gatorgrips, all internals and small parts replaced with Ed Brown Hardcore stuff by me, trigger/slide work/glass bead blasting by Slydlok, Sights front & rear by Yost, Bobtail, Golfballing front & rear, muzzle crown, slide lock relief, feedramp by Chuck Rogers. Smooth!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My builds

Here are a few built in my little shop. I learned from the master gunsmith George Forrest. I closed my shop when I deployed to Iraq. I still build but only for myself now. Too much trouble to reapply for a license. Two are built on my frames and one on a caspian frame. All internals and barrels are ED Brown. Blue and Chrome by Rebel Blue out of Wildwood Florida.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Built by Ron Phillips on a Caspian frame & slide. Grips are from Sarge at the Finer Grain.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here is mine!! It is not a custom 1911 built by a well known gunsmith but a one off RIA Wide Body in 45ACP that I built. If you notice the Para Ordnance P-14 knock off grips do not fit the frame very well. Having a hard time finding a set.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I built this custom from raw Colt Commander frame and slide. I lightly textured the front of the grip. I was going to cut 25lpi checkering, but he wanted the texturing instead. The internals are Cylinder and Slide, The barrel, barrel bushing thumb safety and extended slide release are Kings and the trigger and grip safety are from Wilson Combat, I had it professionally Cerakoted. My son loves the gun especially that it is 45acp. The gun shoots to point of aim and is accurate. The King barrel gobbles up anything the slide pushes it's way.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts