·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Show us any customs you may have.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Not a full-on bare frame build,but this Pointman Major was essentially gutted and rebuilt by Marc Morganti (dude rocks).

I know,I know,I posted this over in DW but I love to show it off.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice I'd Like to show it off if it was mine to

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here is my Springfield Armory Operator, customized by Yost-Bonitz, that I won in a Louder Than Words raffle a couple of years ago. It was made before SA started shortening the Operator's rail, and left it full length with no ball cuts on the slide. Y-B shortened the rail and re-shaped the slide front to match as part of the work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
While not a full bore custom, it's real close. This Colt 1991 ORM has had extensive work done to it including C&S fire control, Hogue stocks, S&A magwell/MSH and grip safety, Nowlin trigger, ejection port flared and lowered, mild carry bevel, polished feed ramp and hard chrome by Accurate Plating. All gun smithing work by Robert Miller.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Very nice, I really do like a carry bevel. I have a DW CCO i am considering getting the full melt treatment for.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Barry you are lucky Yost is leaving my area and moving, At this point they are no longer making mods, only thier own pistols and almost a year backlogged.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Barry you are lucky Yost is leaving my area and moving, At this point they are no longer making mods, only thier own pistols and almost a year backlogged.
He is still in Tempe, but the shop is sorta reorganizing and changing names. Only Lew Bonitz is leaving (actually he has already left, I guess, to some land he owned in another state).
Ted Yost is still there, along with Jason Burton and Steve Bailey, who have been with Yost-Bonitz for a while.

Yes, they have stopped (or will soon) the 1* mods and said they will be concentrating on full customs.
That's too bad.
I thought the 1* series filled a gap that existed between factory guns and full customs. Turnaround time was a few months, which is really quick for what you got.
It put a custom gun in the hands of a lot of us who probably never would have got one.

Oh, the new name is Heirloom Precision. http://www.heirloomprecision.com/

I imagine the wait is pretty long now. I sent them a HiPower for their SRT package within a few weeks of winning that Operator (No, rather than satisfy my urge for a custom pistol, the quality of work I saw in the Operator only pushed me over the edge and made me get my "dream gun" made). It took a few days short of a year for that one. The backlog has only grown since then.
I still think it's worth the wait, though.
I'd send a dozen more guns to them if I had the $$$.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Outstanding Rock River Arms you have Hobbes........

My Jim Stroh National Match Colt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is a full custom built by Marc at Gemini Customs. I love the gun and the way it shoots. Everything about it is perfect. I have had it since right before Christmas and have put several hundred rounds through it.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cookieguy, That guy looks rad!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts