1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wonder if you start with a basic commander style pistol with slide set up with all work done to make run right for the get go .:dancingbananna:
then add a few things like the following items
-x-bobtail on frame for ccw wear.
-x-quick on off rail system for weapons light .
-x-interchangeable long slide set for hunting with red dot scope set up
-x-quick on off scope mount system for red dot scope useing the frame rail
unit so not to drill and tape the frame to mount the unit .
-x-tactical duty weapon with following items as need .
-x-cqb stike point muzzle guard system to keep the muzzle form being push
back and moved out of fireing with aimpoint red dot scope mounted on
the left side and weapons light rail on the bottom this unit is quick
detable for pistol frame rail and trigger guard section with quick clip
system .
keeping all in the cal of 45.acp:flag:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I don't think a 5" or 6" slide will work on a Commander frame.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I don't think that works either. In a different thread, Bob (Serva) told someone else that a govt. size frame would have to be cut back to accept a commander length slide. The rest sounds interesting though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that what i been thinking for me but my wife to be is a wee bit small like 5.ft even .
i was looking more for something for her .she shot my 1911 and likes it but it is a little big for her hands that why i was looking for something that base on a commander sized frame unit that could be a multi slide typle set up with diff slides lengths for diff things
she has shot a commander with a bobtail on it frame at the range and like it a lot .
mainly i want to set the pistol up for her so she feels good at the pistol.right now she has a 38.subnose as her house and carry gun .she feel that she ready to go up to a bigger weapon
part of the slide set is a 22.lr for training and with a 17.mach.2.slide set up for small game hunting as need .also was thinking about adding the corbon 400.pistol round to the pistol for deer sized hunting in the area we are going to move back to .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.