1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eyes were starting to get pretty bad at focusing on the sights of my 1911, so I bought a set of CT's. Boy, what a difference! My groups shrunk considerably and I can reacquire the target faster after a shot. Heck, I can hit the target and never bring the gun up to eye level. Figured Laser grips was cheaper than laser eye surgery!:shades:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I am also a big believer in the CT laser grips, having them on my carry guns.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I've been tempted to try a set but the cost ouchy and you can't get the cool grip styles

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Cool grip styles, thats what keeps me from even considering. I suppose they are very inexpensive.:rofl::rofl:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Here are two of my 1911's with the CT grips. The Grand Raptor has the Burlwood grips, and the Pro CDP has the Carbon Fiber grips. I think they are kinda cool.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Primers as a lefty how do you like the shorter ambis?

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
The Grand Raptor's right side safety paddle was shortened by me. I cut it off at the correct length with a Dremel and rounded it on my bench grinder.

The safety paddle for the Pro CDP was bought from Kimber, pre shortened. They are now offering this due to the popularity of the CT Grips.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
But how do you like them vs a normal safety

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
But how do you like them vs a normal safety
They are just a easy to take the gun off safe, but harder to lift up with the thumb to reapply the safety.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
I love the CT grips on my S&W snubby
However, i don't about you fellows, but out doors in day light, they're harder for me to see and the stock sights are what i use

At the indoor range they're great.

also in a low light or no light situation, as in a night time home invasion, they'd be the cat's azzz

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I love the CT grips
also in a low light or no light situation, as in a night time home invasion, they'd be the cat's azzz

..L.T.A.
This is precisely why I WILL have a set on at least one of my 1911`s.

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
I got a pair for my wife they aren't on a 1911 but I can testify that they do work nice.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been tempted to try a set but the cost ouchy and you can't get the cool grip styles
But I LIKE the rubber grips! And this may show you why I like a laser. Dan Wesson Razorback 10mm at 25 feet using my own reloads with a 185 grain bullet.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm a wondering if the new green lasers CT is putting out are any better in direct sunlight. On my new Fusion Firearms long slide 10mm I have adjustable fiber optic sights I will try first before trying a green laser.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CT addressed it by coming out with more grip styles and colors. And their new GREEN lasers mount on the front of the trigger guard so you can use whatever cool grips you like.

·
Super Moderator
618 Posts
That green laser looks like it would severely limit what holster option you would have.
I made the mistake of buying a kahr pm9 for my wife then added the red ct laser that mounts similar, we can't find many good quality holsters for the gun now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well my 2 ten mm pistols are a Dan Wesson Razorback and a Fusion Firearms long slide. I would carry neither on hot days and only the DW on cooler ones. The DW has the old classic red laser mounted on th grip panels. I just got the green laser trigger guard version because I like he fancy wood grips they came with. It is way too expensive gun to carry, and its a long slide would be a tough thing with my short arms to pull from a holster. I pretty much bought the Fusion just for punching holes in paper. But if I meet Mr. Wild pig with it...I always wanted to try a wild boar ham!

·
Super Moderator
618 Posts
Ok that makes sense. Let me know how that sandwich tastes if you do happen to have that meeting. ;)

I wish they would make the green laser in the same form as the old red version that was grip mounted, I would love to try one out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.