1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now the right reh-verend wright says Modern Christianity is George Bush's fault too!

The April 2007 Trumpet features an article by black-liberation theologian Obery M. Hendricks Jr., who attacks conservative Christians as "emulating those who killed Jesus, rather than following the practice of Jesus himself," notes Kurtz.

"Many good church-going folk have been deluded into behaving like modern-day Pharisees and Sadducees when they think they're really being good Christians," contends Hendricks, who writes in Trumpet that these believers have become "like the false prophets of Baal."

"George Bush and his unwitting prophets of Baal may well prove to be the foremost distorters of the true practice of Jesus' Gospel of peace, liberation, and love ever seen in modern times," writes Hendricks.
Article

Will this stupidity ever end???

EDITED TO ADD: I showed this to my wife and she remarked, "There sure are a lot of wierd people out there... and one of them wants to be President!"

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Thats the pot calling the kettle black. What is sad is that people like that "know" they are right, and can't be convinced otherwise. If I am wrong, and you can prove it, well, I can learn new, but these kind of people will never listen.

I know where I am going, and I'm pretty sure I know where they are going, and it ain't the same direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.