1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I use 3 different modes of concealed carry. IWB in the summer time, and both OWB and a shoulder holster in the fall thru spring. Luckily, here in Michigan, with cooler (colder) weather I have all of these options available to me. I`m just wondering what every one else thinks and what methods they employ?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
90% or so IWB other 10 OWB

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here is my carry method everyday!!! It is a Beltster from Bandera Gun Leather.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Prefer Shoulder 75%,

Owb 20%

IWB rest of the time.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
100% IWB...but I been looking at shoulder rigs..just havent bought one yet

·
Registered
60 Posts
75% IWB with 1911, 25% pocket with a S&W 638. Occasionally both. Have an Andrews shoulder holster on the way for the 638 as well. Considering a good OWB for a new 5" Kimber for range work.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
That Monarch is a good rig. What was the wait time on it. I have a friend that has been considering one for a good while. When he decides, I am afraid he may decide he wants it yesterday.:hairpull:

·
Registered
60 Posts
That Monarch is a good rig. What was the wait time on it. I have a friend that has been considering one for a good while. When he decides, I am afraid he may decide he wants it yesterday.:hairpull:
Tell him that patience is a virtue! I'm actually going for a Solo rig that's set up just for a single J Frame. I like my 1911's IWB. But Sam is experiencing a huge increase in business these days. I ordered mine about 4 months ago and he thinks I might get it in late Jan or Feb. New orders can be out as far as 9 mos depending on the order. From the sounds of things if it's for a fairly common pistol (read that 1911) in one of his standard designs it'll happen faster as I think he does those in batches, not individually like a fully custom piece.

I am wrestling with upgrading it to a full Monarch rig before he starts though :whistle:. Then I could get separate holsters for all my guns to use on the same rig, and.....and a vertical knife rig.....and extra mag carriers .....and and and RAY SKIN! Don't let my wife see this, she'll take my phone away to keep me from talking to Sam. Always a dangerous thing......

·
Registered
61 Posts
90% IWB - 1911
5% OWB - 1911 or others
5% pocket - Taurus 85, Keltec P3AT

·
Registered
17 Posts
IWB with a Milt Sparks VMII Horsehide at about3 O'clock.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts