1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I may not post much at first, but rest assured I am reading and learning. (I found out about you from m1911.org.) I just got my first gun (SA Loaded Parkerized) a couple weeks ago, and I am still waiting for my permit to be able to take it out to the range.

If I can get SWMBO on board, I am looking forward to having a lot of fun.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm relatively new to this forum as well. You will find some very knowledgeable people here. I didn't know you needed a permit to transport a firearm in Indiana?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Welcome and nice to have you. Just remember, there are no stupid questions. IF you are thinking about posting go ahead and do it. :welcome:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Swmbo

She Who Must Be Obeyed -- the wife.

I may not have full information, but from what I have been able to find, handguns require a permit in Indiana, unless you have it with you at home, in your business, at a range for an organization that can buy guns from the government, or going between those places, or on the way to a gunsmith.

I'm not a member of any organization that qualifies yet.

However, if I'm wrong, I'd love to be corrected; I have about 6 weeks left until the permit should be issued.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well I'll be damned! I found and read the law and it does appear you are correct. Things sure are different down here in the south.
I'd go for the lifetime permit if I were you. Good luck.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am sure it's legal to transport an unloaded and cased firearm to the range for target practice without a permit but you may want to call the local PD to find out for sure.

Indiana is pretty laid back when it comes to gun laws and find it hard to believe they would make such a law.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks. I joined a local club with a range a couple days ago, and I went out to try my gun yesterday. It shoots really well, and I only had one FTE during over 200 rounds of four different brands of FMJ (Wolf, Blazer, Winchester, Remington) The last case in my first magazine of Remington got jammed between the magazine lips, the ejector, and the breech, but didn't cause any damage to anything. My gun definitely shoots better than its owner. Here's a picture:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Nice, you way want to consider some wilson mags.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Yup, congrats on your new pistola, joining a range

AND FINDING US! :wink: Tracy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.