1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is my new 1911 22 from Walther. It is made by them and licensed from Colt.

I'm really liking this gun. It feels just like a standard Colt 1911. It came with one magazine and I ordered 5 more so I have enough to shoot a Steel Challenge match with a spare.

Although I really like the gun I did do some modifications to it. It came with a 9.5 pound trigger. It was nice and crisp but a bit on the heavy side so I ordered a Cylinder & Slide trigger kit. I installed it all today and wow, what a difference. I got the pull down to 5 pounds 4 ounces on my Lyman Digital Scale.

I also added a competition trigger that adjusts pre travel. It needed a little sanding to work 100% but I like the reach and feel of it.

I shot 200 rounds of Aguila Super Extra and 100 rounds of CCI Blazer without a hiccup. The Aguila are definitely more powerful than the Blazers. Groups were pretty good but I'm sure they will be better now.

There were no surprises installing the new trigger, hammer sear and disconnector. The mainspring was a little difficult. I thought the retaining Dowel Pin was needed an Allen wrench but after a call to Walther they said all I had to do was compress the mainspring and push out the pin. The OEM parts shot out like a bullet but fortunately landed at my feet. I needed the inside parts so I could replace the spring that came with the C&S kit.

I made a holster for it. My copy of the Yaqui Slide and it works real well. I had to reform it because I put a Dawson Precision fiber optic sight on it. It's a little taller than the stock sight. It came with the red fo installed. I'm going to try it but will probably replace it for a green one.

More to follow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here's a pic of the holster with the blue gun still in it to dry. I over molded for the larger fiber optic front sight so that it doesn't stick when drawing.

I finished up my trigger upgrades. Not being a 1911 gunsmith but being real familiar with Smith & Wesson revolvers I wasn't afraid to delve into replacing the trigger system with a Cylinder & Slide trigger kit. It took me a few tries but I finally got the pull down from 9.5 pounds to 3.5 pounds with 100 % reliability.

The kit, that I bought from Brownell's, is a drop in. No work was done on any part. The only exceptions I made were replacing the mainspring with a 17 pounder and putting a new C&S sear spring in. The kit did not have the sear spring. I tried a few different springs but kept getting hammer follow. After putting the C&S pin in the problem was solved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.