1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods, Don't see a section for maintenance, so please move to appropriate place. Thanks

To the knowledgeable: What do you use to cut your chore boy into squares for bbl cleaning?

I've tried knives, side cutters and tin snips and ALL just seem to rip, tear and mash the chore boy without cutting it into squares. Thanks, Tracy

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Yep, regular scissors.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Same here. The $2.00 sissors that are advertised they cut poultry & heave cardboard. We have half a dozen pair scattered through the house & in the garage, workshop, & gun room. Work great on the skate board tape too. That dulls them pretty fast but they sharpen pretty good w/ a fine file.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
You can get EMS scissors for about 5 bucks a pair if you look for them, and they will cut the chore boy things without messing up the scissors.
Shoot, they will cut through a penny.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll have to look for some EMS scissors. Have to get out an old Gall"s catalog. Thanks, Tracy

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stopped at one of the local "scrubs" and picked up a pr of EMS scissors. (Wife is a Hospice nurse, so I know where they are)

Side note to hijack my own thread-------

Wife was one of 25 nominated for "Nurse of the Year" here in the Triad area. Words don't descibe how proud I am. Tracy

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SatCong,

Your tin snips must be better than mine. :notworthy: Mine just mashed it and tore it it. :hairpull: Never actually cut any of it. Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Stopped at one of the local "scrubs" and picked up a pr of EMS scissors. (Wife is a Hospice nurse, so I know where they are)

Side note to hijack my own thread-------

Wife was one of 25 nominated for "Nurse of the Year" here in the Triad area. Words don't descibe how proud I am. Tracy
Some hijacks are OK for the short circle. Congrats & stay proud of her.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.