1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this information on some other boards yesterday and thought you guys would also like to know this:

After 10 years of selling Armscor 1911 pistols, initially under the Armscor brand and later under our Charles Daly brand, KBI will no longer be selling 1911 pistols manufactured in the Philippines by Armscor.

Many of you will wonder why this has occurred. Without going into too many details, suffice to say that after significant price increases from Armscor over the past two years, and Armscor's opening of its US office to market and sell Armscor and RIA branded 1911's, it is not in Charles Daly's best interest to try and compete with one of its manufacturers. Armscor makes guns for RIA and Hi-Standard and supplies components to many others (STI, etc.). There is no point for Charles Daly to try and sell the same gun to the US market at these new price levels, albeit with different features and finishes.

Charles Daly will soon announce the introduction of a new line of steel, stainless steel and aluminum framed 1911 pistols made exclusively for our company in a country that is world renowned for its firearms manufacturing expertise. We do not want to "let the cat out of the bag" quite yet, but we can say at this time that these new 1911's will represent a major change for Charles Daly from the models that we previously offered from Armscor.

We do not want to say anything negative about Armscor. Their pistol production today is quite good and has come a long way since we first introduced their 1911's to the US market ten years ago. However, for the reasons mentioned above, it is time for us to move on.

For the next several months Charles Daly will focus on improving the deliveries of its Israeli made (Bul) M-5 polymer framed 1911's with the intention of launching our new line around October of this year. A more formal announcement on this new line will be coming in another month or two.

Rest assured that Charles Daly intends to stay in the 1911 market in the US and that any and all Charles Daly 1911's that were made for us by Armscor will continue to be warranteed and serviced by our company.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this subject, please feel free to PM this writer or post in this thread.

Sincerely,

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Rest assured that Charles Daly intends to stay in the 1911 market in the US and that any and all Charles Daly 1911's that were made for us by Armscor will continue to be warranteed and serviced by our company.
Now that is what I call customer service

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
It will be interresting to see what your new line will be like Michael.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When you get the new line up ,I need a commander sized 1911 for my oldest to CCW with and I like the CD's .

Mike, I hope you will post your new line here first .

·
Registered
122 Posts
Charles Daly will soon announce the introduction of a new line of steel, stainless steel and aluminum framed 1911 pistols made exclusively for our company in a country that is world renowned for its firearms manufacturing expertise.
A Russian made 1911! :eek: remember - I said if first :)

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I was thinking German or Italian.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
If Imbel will be the new maker for CD, what would be their edge over Taurus? Maybe a different model lineup?

There's also a South African company making 1911s.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Imbel makes springfield, but not taurus.

I'm also just tossing that out there, imbel is well known in worldwide gun manufacturing. I don't KNOW anything at all. Israel is also VERY well known as a gun manufacturer, don'tknow about 1911's though.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Israel is also VERY well known as a gun manufacturer, don'tknow about 1911's though.
I thought about Israel too...after I posted that. You guys are probably right about Imbel though...but wouldn't that be the same thing as he described..."offering the same guns, with different finishes"....I may be way off with that, and certainly don't want to open a can of worms...Its just something that came to mind:smile:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Yep, it would be the same thing as springfield's offerings except for "different finishes, etc." I guess it could be one of several different places.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
China----Norinco. My old neighbor bought a CD after I got him into 1911's. I was impressed with it's quality, just didn't like that some parts weren't interchangeable, But can't remember which parts right now. Tracy

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
They would have to change the laws right, aren't those illegal for import now?

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Yup, forgot about that, but was still hoping. They're put together pretty good and Bill Wilson once said they were the best bang for your buck for a custom build. I have a few "build" plans and a couple of Norc's would come in handy. Tracy

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing that happen myself.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
wonder if it will include the bul race guns

1 - 20 of 30 Posts