1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10mm CBOB and was wondering what upgrades/gunsmithing work anyone suggests or has had done.

I already know I want to add front cocking serrations, and have an egw bushing fitted.

Also does anyone know of a 'smith of specializes in DWs or if DW does custom work. thanks.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I haven't Done anything to mine it runs just fine out of the box..

You could add a EGW carry bevel bushing yourself

As for FCS thats personal preference and i see no need in them .. Call around a 1911 is a 1911 is a 1911

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
My CBOB 10mm is stock too other than a pair of VZ grips

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I like Snagg Changed my grips i forgot about that

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
No.

Fcs? I like the cbob for it's lack of fcs, to each his own though. EGW bushing, good move. They are the best as far as I'm concerned. The stock ones are fitted darn good, but you gotta love egw's thick carry bevel bushing.

Dave Severns of Severns Custom does a lot of DW stuff.

I personally like to fit my own trigger and I'm partial to greider triggers (I like the solid ones). The greiders used to be videcki, which most triggers now are patterned after.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
DW does in fact have a limited custom shop,you can contact Keith at DW to see if they can do what you want. That may be the route to go if you're having problems and the CBOB is still under warranty. They can do what they need to do,and take care of your personal touches at the same time.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The only thing I have done on mine is change out the barrel bushing with an Ed Brown drop-in. I was snug but dropped right in.

I am with EP on the cocking serrations. No need in my opinion. :smile:

My gun has been reliable. I had one failure to feed that may have been a distorted case that I reloaded. All of the shooting I have done with it so far have been Semi Wadcutters. I'll bet it will feed hollowpoints without any issues.

·
Registered
69 Posts
One of my very good friends bought a CBOB a year or two ago and it has never been 100%, despite a trip to the gunsmith.
I couldn't bring myself to buy one.
:frown:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perhaps your friend should seek out a '1911 pistolsmith', instead of a 'gunsmith'. Some gunsmiths are not very 1911-savvy. Many folks around the country that can help out your bud, but also many who cannot (as he has found out). Just being honest, here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Perhaps your friend should seek out a '1911 pistolsmith', instead of a 'gunsmith'. Some gunsmiths are not very 1911-savvy. Many folks around the country that can help out your bud, but also many who cannot (as he has found out). Just being honest, here.
Yes, I am very well aware of that, but thanks for pointing it out anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I had a 10mm cbob and it was great. I now have a .45 cbob laid away. I think by far most are not having problems and I really consider the cbob to be about the best production gun for the price, based on the quality parts and fit andfinish, and worth it even if I have to "tweak" it. Just my opinon Dollar which is probably worth what you paid for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts