1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No its not pick i Dan wesson Day but i didnt have good luck .. I have had good groups out of my PointMan 7 before today so i can figure out whats up will breakdown later tonight see if something is coming apart maybe it didnt like the ammo

First up is 7 yards with 230 PMC ammo this is pretty decent and shot right after i shot my C8 Baer

Now i switched to 230 Winchester White Box and 10 yards

So WTF happened here

So then i loaded the PII glad i brought it Same ammo same range

Ok so switch back to PM7

So something is up Any one want to shoot some ideals before i Field Strip check over and send it back to DW?

------------------------------------------------------
Part II

Well my Cbob acted up today too 4 rounds and Jam .... Clear then Jam again ..

Switch Ammo jam ... so now i figure EXtractor is probley broke so out it comes

Hope you can see it in the pics but it broke the hook off

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
On the cbob you might try changing the extractor and see if that helps.:rofl:

Sheared that puppy right off, I like the ed brown hardcore extractor, you probably have your own favorite. On the pm7 maybe it doesn't like the wwb as you stated?

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
I'd think Jerry could be on the right track, very possible it's nothing more than ammo.

Hey Bud, I think I'd replace that extractor too. :tongue: :whistle:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the cbob you might try changing the extractor and see if that helps.:rofl:

Sheared that puppy right off, I like the ed brown hardcore extractor, you probably have your own favorite. On the pm7 maybe it doesn't like the wwb as you stated?
yeah im sure the extractor will help its a 10mm Cbob so ill have to see who makes one Ill tell ya round count before too long ... not sure on the PM7 I have shot WWB before in this gun and it was accurate... Course the Cbob started throwing like this just before the extractor broke but i dont think that has anything to do with it

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd think Jerry could be on the right track, very possible it's nothing more than ammo.

Hey Bud, I think I'd replace that extractor too. :tongue: :whistle:
yeah yeah smart guy dont forget these are 2 different pistols and different calibers..

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
yeah yeah smart guy dont forget these are 2 different pistols and different calibers..
That's a little odd, although I do have a couple pistol that are great shooter but don't like the same ammo.

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
That's a little odd, although I do have a couple pistol that are great shooter but don't like the same ammo.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
yeah im sure the extractor will help its a 10mm Cbob so ill have to see who makes one Ill tell ya round count before too long ... not sure on the PM7 I have shot WWB before in this gun and it was accurate... Course the Cbob started throwing like this just before the extractor broke but i dont think that has anything to do with it
That's right, I forgot it's the 10mm so brown may not have it. EGW may have a good one, I have not checked. Fusion also.

I would try a couple of different brands in the pm7 to see what happpens.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's right, I forgot it's the 10mm so brown may not have it. EGW may have a good one, I have not checked. Fusion also.

yeah i figured i would look at fusion for the replacement .. Im not sure if i have one or not all ready i dont think i do in 10mm

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Maybe keith will send you a new one so you can have a backup.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny i was just looking at my records and i shot it end of 2007 and didn't notice anything funny on the PM7 and notes were shot with WWB?

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Maybe something with this batch of wwb? Just guessing, maybe when you get more try it just to see.

It may be something else, but odd it would do it with the wwb.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe something with this batch of wwb? Just guessing, maybe when you get more try it just to see.

It may be something else, but odd it would do it with the wwb.
Thats what i thought if i can get out to shoot this weekend i'll see if i can get some different Ammo to try.. Also look at the group shot with same ammo out of the PII i know its not bad ammo in general ..

I put in a email to Keith see what he thinks .. i'm thinking after nap ill take it apart ..

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I see no signs of what it could be No cracked Bushing no broken link no barrel crack nothing out of the ordinary .. so i cleaned lubed and will shoot it with different ammo another time

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
I figured you would find something. :thinking:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nada even the barrel looks fairly clean after a quick swab out ..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ammo Issue?

BUD:
I used WWB 230 Grain ball and it shot great In my PM - 7 accuracy being one of the very few things that didn't plague that PM - 7 :hairpull:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i hear ya well it went off anf i used the money for a Eb brown :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts