1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing out my magazines today, you know taking the rounds out of one magazine so it could rest and loading up another one to take it's place for a month. Anyway, I rotate magazines, but the ammo stays the same. Sitting there holding the ammo I could not remember the age of the ammo (a year at least). Has anybody else ever caught themself in this position? I have practice ammo and carry ammo. Practice ammo has a life of weeks to months, carry ammo is years plus. I shoot some carry ammo to make sure it feeds, but then the rest stays with the gun until I come across something I think will do better, which may be a loooooong time. I have had no reason to look for a replacement for my 230 Gold Dots, but should carry ammo be replaced on a regular schedule because of age?

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
As long as it hasn't got wet,I'd say you're good to go. I carry Hydrashoks that are about four years old.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I usually do mine on a 6 month basis & really dont check the calander too close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.