1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm accessing this site using www.superproxy.co.uk. I can't get any of my home computers, using any of 3 different browsers to connect. I can access any other website on the internet. What a weird problem.I am on hold talking to att tech support - some guy in India. He had a hard time understanding my problem, but now he's got a handle on it. He tried to make me do all sorts of fiddling with my computer - I humored him a little, but explained it isn't just this computer, or one brand of browser.Anyway, I'll be offline for a while until I get this sorted out.If anyone needs to contact me use the email function, not PM.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Just for Giggles did you try a different browser?

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes. On this desktop I have IE, Firefox, and Safari. I've tried two of my laptops, with the same problem of not being able to access just this site. It's that none of my computers, using any browser can get here. Luckily the tech guy told me about superproxy, where I am able to get here.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I feel for ya i had this problem this year getting to Defensive Carry .. i could go anywhere else but never could get there after a week bang it worked fine.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Thats probley him

·
Registered
67 Posts
The site was running slow for me this morning, then I just could not connect to the site at all. Checked about 3 or 4 hours later and everything was fine. Go figure???

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Could have been a server thing or Jerry doing some work

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Might have been a server thing, Jerry don't do mornings. The rooster crows for me about the crack of noon or so.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yep, that was him.

Edited to add:

Today is Sunday, and I can access this site just like on Friday. I don't know what was wrong on Saturday, but it's over.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Glad it's working.

I used to work on computers and card access/security systems and one thing I learned is if a problem like that happens that don't make sense and it suddenly starts working then it never really happened....know what I mean.:wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts