1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see a thread started on this. What is your go to gun in the middle of the night?

Mine is a STI Duty One with a M3X and soon to have CTC grips.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
My Stinger (with nights sights) and an LED flashlight (19 LED bulbs in a flashlight only slightly bigger than the one on that gun...VERY bright and the batteries last forever...$20)

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Kimber TLE with 8+1 Hydrashoks. Wife has her S&W 19 with .38+p on her side of the bed. Plain ol' reliable 3D Maglite is my flashlight. Not very tactical,but neither am I.

Used to keep a Mossberg 500 nearby but with the little one 100% mobile and very curious,it's locked up with the rifles now.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
On the end table. When there is a higher threat level for some reason, this is my go to gun for carry. When there is not an elivated level I carry it some just cuz i wont to.

Then when things are LIKELY to get rowdy I am like the Texas Ranger that answered the concerned lady.
L. You have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble.
R. No Maam, If I was EXPECTING trouble I would have put my shotgun in the corner.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Currently it's the TRS and the 870P.

Occasionnally, the 6920.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My bump in the night gun is my Kimber Warrior.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
My wife's Colt Special Combat (came with nites) in the GunVault on my side of the bed,

or my Colt Gunsite (had ToolTech drill & install nites---I like the sites that came on it).

SureFire 6P on the nightstand, 3 D-cell MagLight laying next to the GunVault. Both w/8+1 and an extra 10rd'er in the GunVault. Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
(had ToolTech drill & install nites---I like the sites that came on it).
Tracy, what did ToolTech charge you to do that, if you don't mind me asking? I would like to have a Trijicon in the front sight, but I'd also like to keep the Heinie.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
www.tooltechgunsight.com

Don't remember off the top of my head. They did mine in 2005 IIRC. Give them a call. Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Yeah, I'll do that. I had them do a Colt for me about 21 years ago, haven't done anything with them since. :wink:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Currently the bedside gun is the Delta Elite with DT's 155gr. Barnes XPB(extreme expansion) bullet.

I prefer a separate light and really like the Aviator with the 'red' option. That way I can do a cursory search as I walk the dark hallway and stiill see into the shadows in the rooms. I can turn the tail cap and have constant red light with the quick option of going to full white light with the press of the button.

Next month, I'll prolly switch to one of the Commanders!
I just make sure the controls on the bedside gun are the same - always a 1911.:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Our bump in the night gun is the stainless one in the picture

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is my keep the boogers away weapon. A Taurus pt1911.
o
If I have to go outside it is a Moss 12ga with the 18 1/2" barrel with #4 buck.

·
Registered
121 Posts
M&P 40 :shades:with an M3 light backed up by a Bushmaster 9:eek:mm Carbon 15, also with a light. Oh, I guess I wasn't suppose to admit on this forum that it wasn't a 1911:nonono::nonono:.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts