1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For contrast I thought about putting an Ed Brown stainless beavertail safety in my blued Pointman 1 but all the ads I've seen about the Brown beavertail say the frame will have to be altered/cut to accomodate it. Is this true in my Pointman also? If so, I'll get a Fusion brand beavertail.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Depends what beavertail is in it now.. the fusion is very close to the ed brown if they frame isnt cut you will need to do it

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
How about a pic

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL.......that's OK, I just now won a stainless Fusion beavertail on ebay worth the money. Surely a Fusion will fit on a Pointman 1 without alterations.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Maybe maybe not again it depends what was used by DW at the time

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
......it also depends on the radius cut and who made the fusion part.

Here's a guide to the different beavertail cuts. You can figure on a minimum of some filing on the tang to make any beavertail fit (the only part 100% drop in on a 1911 is the magazine). In the pictures of the pm-1 the grip look like a brown but there are no guarantees. This one from the pro series by fusion looks like a brown, states it's no mim and is cast like browns, and it has a .250 radius like a brown:

http://www.fusionfirearms.com/servlet/Detail?no=226

This one is .250 also and it does not state no mim so I'm guessing it is mim. Hard to tell who makes it.

http://www.fusionfirearms.com/servlet/Detail?no=118

Either way the both have the .250 radius like brown uses. If the pm does have a .250 radius cut the fit will be there or close but you may still need to do some "massaging".

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I contacted Bob when i bought my Pro Grip safety and he said to use the ED Brown Jig to fit it so its close enough to the Brown

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Haha, I'm sure pro is the brown. I'm not sure if fusion makes any of their parts, maybe some, but most are repackaged brands. I asked bob about some of them a while ago and he acknowledget this. I didn't ask him about the grip safety in particular, but a couple of the thumb safeties, etc.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
sure .. Its not as shiny as the brown though...lol

hell most makers do that

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Yep, nothiing bad about it at all. I didn't mean it as a slam. It does help to know that though for installation purposes.

I will definitely get parts from Bob, have been and will continue to do so. Excellent service and warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts