·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I don't know...

Why should we object?

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Play by the rules...and we have no objections.

Welcome to the forum...:wavey:

·
Unemployed
218 Posts
Hill, I can't think of any reason why I would.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
That's a strange question.

What about you do you think we'd object?

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Everyone is welcome here that is interested in firearms & especially 1911s.
Folks really have to try hard to get in trouble here.
Be who you are we start everyone off at 100%
LT

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, thanks all!

Here's the deal: I am, as some of you know (hi Frank!), pretty active in another site given to our pistols. I was preparing a new thread for the gunsmithing forum there describing what I've done to my SS Gold Cup Trophy, and included several photos. I previewed and got a "photo too large" so I resized all of them and previewed again. Everything looked good to go so I hit the "submit new thread" button and was immediately banned, ....FOR LIFE!

So I'm confused, and wondering WTF (!) - somebody up there HATES me! LOL!

In case I am universally hated I posted this with some amount of trepidation since I'm sure that many of the folks here are also folks there.

When I first got back to a consuming interest in 1911's I was banned on my first day at yet another 1911 forum for arguing - the one that seems to have a reputation for quirky moderation. I've never gone back there but with this I began to wonder if maybe I ought to take up golf, or H&R pistols.

Anyway, I just found an email message that my banning today was in error. Something about some new filter that's set up to catch spammers selling gold futures or something and the word "Gold" in my post set it off.

Some people might ought to stick to what they know before messing with software?

So, this looks like a pretty neat place! I'm glad to see certain things, things like 2nd amendment discussion and a lounge. I also spotted DogDollar in here, and OD, as well as some others who's postings I've enjoyed very much and learned a few things from too.

Maybe this accidental banning will have a longer lasting effect than it was intended to have...

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
OK, thanks all!

Here's the deal: I am, as some of you know (hi Frank!), pretty active in another site given to our pistols. I was preparing a new thread for the gunsmithing forum there describing what I've done to my SS Gold Cup Trophy, and included several photos. I previewed and got a "photo too large" so I resized all of them and previewed again. Everything looked good to go so I hit the "submit new thread" button and was immediately banned, ....FOR LIFE!

So I'm confused, and wondering WTF (!) - somebody up there HATES me! LOL!

In case I am universally hated I posted this with some amount of trepidation since I'm sure that many of the folks here are also folks there.

When I first got back to a consuming interest in 1911's I was banned on my first day at yet another 1911 forum for arguing - the one that seems to have a reputation for quirky moderation. I've never gone back there but with this I began to wonder if maybe I ought to take up golf, or H&R pistols.

Anyway, I just found an email message that my banning today was in error. Something about some new filter that's set up to catch spammers selling gold futures or something and the word "Gold" in my post set it off.

Some people might ought to stick to what they know before messing with software?

So, this looks like a pretty neat place! I'm glad to see certain things, things like 2nd amendment discussion and a lounge. I also spotted DogDollar in here, and OD, as well as some others who's postings I've enjoyed very much and learned a few things from too.

Maybe this accidental banning will have a longer lasting effect than it was intended to have...
Well now...that explains it...you really threw me with your intro :rofl:

Again...Welcome to 1911auto...:smile:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
I understand where you're coming from now. The only thing that struck funny me was the part where you admitted you were arguing. That would get you in trouble here too. We discuss topics here, as arguing has the connotation of verbal fighting and tends to get folks all riled up.

You are welcome here, but play by our rules and you get along just fine.

Now, let's see what you've done to that SS Gold Cup Trophy!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Welcome and lets see the post about the work you have done to your Gold cup

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ridgerunner, I wasn't arguing, I was discussing. The discussion was with Johnny Peppers, who argued with me if any arguing took place.

Whatever it was, it was seen as arguing by the people running the place, but I haven't and won't 'admit' to arguing then.

However, I am arguing now. Now what?

Hi Bud! So this is where you disapeared to, eh?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Yeah im usually here Hill i have been busy this summer and time for the various forums has been cut way down ... To much time spent on the harley so far wish i had bought one 10 years ago

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Welcome Hill.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Nice to have you, now lets see some pics.:biggrin:

·
Registered
270 Posts
If we don't see some pics of this .45 project soon, you just might get banned here as well. :thinking::shades::biggrin:
Welcome to the forum. Nice bunch of people here with little or no drama. Refreshing. Jump on in, the waters fine!
Sarge

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.