1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can all blame Bud for turning me on to this forum. I was happy to see several familiar handles in the roster. I now have yet another place to taunt OD* and help keep Bud in line :nuts:

Thanks to Jerry for throwing this site up. I think it's high time we had a new venue for our beloved slabs. One of the forums is of such low brow information and mean intelligence, that it's more like a Four-H camp than a place for stimulating interaction. More often than not, threads seem to descend into schoolyard pugilism. Another, while touting a tremendous level of member sophistication, tends to be draconian and yet random in it's singular focus on it's own rules. Where even one of the people in the driver seat lacks any sense of humor whatsoever, things can become rather grimly unpleasant. In this case, the forum in question has lost and/or banned more members than they have.

These issues become extremely distracting from the primary functions of a discussion forum: Information and "Inter-tainment". Simply put, I hope that this place can become the best of both worlds; having a high level of informatic sophistication and an enduring, jovial flavor. By all indications, it seems to be off on the right foot.

Running an internet forum is no small task. It requires massive amounts of one's personal time and herculean effort. Therefore, I say again, thanks Jerry.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
You are welcome Ping and thanks for the thanks.

It does take quite a bit, but with bud and the other guys help I plan on us being here for good. We are also trying, as you say, to keep a more relaxed or kicked back feel. NO automatic infraction system, no hiding behind a rules manager, etc. But I digress and we don't want to be a "bash the other guys" forum. We'll just do things our way and they can do it their way.

We ARE trying to keep a lighter, more relaxed approach and hopefully we can maintain that.

Again, welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Welcome Ping Glad you decided to Join up

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ping!!!:smile::smile:

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Hi Ping, welcome. It's nice to see old (virtual) faces.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hear, Hear, Ping. Very nice piece of writing there. Not that I'm in any position to "grade" your literary work, but if I were:

Content - A
Form - A

Straight 4.0 so far, Ping. Keep 'em coming. :notworthy:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Glad to have you here, Ping.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Word, JD. Thanks.

Carry on, my friend.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Its Ok ill take the Heat

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I thought i was wrong once but i was Mistaken

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ping!!!!
It's good to see you here, my brother-from-another-mother...........
DD

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone, for the welcomes and kind words. Doggity-D and I will try to keep the sybling rivalry to a minimum... NOT!

This is a great group and seems to be off to a helluva solid start!

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
I'm sorry I missed this thread somehow? :redface:

A belated, "Welcome aboard Ping." :biglaugh:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sorry I missed this thread somehow? :redface:

A belated, "Welcome aboard Ping." :biglaugh:
Well, you may be perpetually late to the party, but in truth, it's never a party til you show up!:wavey:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts