1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have any experience with Blackhawk Leather holsters?

I found a nice IWB with an adjustable loop for $ 58.99, but I have not heard anybody talk about this particular brand.

Obviously, I know who Blackhawk is and I know their SERPA holster has an excellent reputation, but no one has spoken to their leather goods.

Any opinions/input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I only have two OWB mag pouches from Blackhawk. One is leather and it's nice, for the money. I paid $21 for it. The leather is thin, but very stiff and the belt clip secure. Like most leather, it took about 3-4 days with a mag wrapped in wax paper to loosen it up sufficiently.
Bear in mind that Blackhawk, like 5.11 and many others is a company which doesn't make anything. My mag pouch, for example is made by G&G. I would assume the holsters are too. While I don't consider Blackhawk stuff to be "1st tier", for the price, it's very good. If the holster meets your needs, $60 for a leather holster isn't bad, particularly if you don't have to wait for it. On the other hand, they are running a sale on their CQC Infinite Cant Holster for $29.99! Hard to beat that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the other hand, they are running a sale on their CQC Infinite Cant Holster for $29.99! Hard to beat that.
Yes, but they do not make that holster for the 1911....bummer.

I watched a Mitch Rosen USD EXP go for 46.00 on E-bay last night...but I wanted take another look at the Blackhawk piece...

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I carry a full-size IWB in the Blackhawk,and it's been a good holster. Not as stiff as my Mitch Rosen,but it holds my pistols very well. For about $60,it's definitely as good as anything else in that price range,and far and away better than a nylon Uncle Mike's!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts