1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like to refinnish the black on stainless Kimber Eclipes, What to use and how to go about it. I suppose the side of the slide would have to be sanded after to return the finnish look it had. What product do I buy and where do I buy it?

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
This won't be much help,but it's a black oxide finish over stainless,which is then brushed to get the Eclipse look. It doesn't take the black oxide away completely.

I tried sanding the black oxide off my TLE frame,and it looked like a very matte Eclipse (no brushmarks).

If you want to do it exactly like it was from the factory,I can't really help. Is your finish completely gone or just scratched here and there,or what? You may be able to touch it up. Let us know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finish all gone

I had some work done like a magwell and bevertail put on and the smith sent it back stripped of its black finish. I want to restore it dont like the all silver or polished stainless look.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
you looking for a DIY finish, or sending it out and having it professionally done?

if DIY, Duracoat is fairly easy

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dura coat

Thanks Cap I will look into Dura coat. Where do you buy it? I hate to send it out again, if I did I guess I would send it to Tripp Reserch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts