1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into the Big Hawg http://www.paraord.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=55 and wondering if anyone has any feedback about the weapon. Mainly, how do you like/feel about a alloy framed weapon? And how dose the finish old up on this gun?

It seems if she holds up well this would be the pistol to go with in Hi-Cap. Lots of weight saved, this gun unloaded is (by the spec sheet) only 28oz compared to the steel guys at 40oz.

Thanks for any input.

Please post any photos you could have of this gun. Thanks again.

·
Spell-Check at the ready!
141 Posts
I don't have a hawg--mine is just a P14 -- and it is an older model without the power extractor, I've never had any failures that weren't caused my myself. It shoots great--I wouldn't hesitate to by another/ newer model if I were in the market for another double stack (mine is a handful).

My finish did not hold up well-- after about 2500 rounds my slide turned from black to a kind of purple color (it was a semi common problem (from what I understand)at the time which they fixed).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.