1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...for my Kobra Carry, that is...

Interestingly enough, the slide does not rub against the dust cover, it does not rattle, and the bushing fit is very tight. In fact, I am a bit nervous, because upon first outing and external inspection it seems near "perfect". :eek:

It had a short, but spot on first range trip. 150 rounds of AE 230 RN, and 60 rounds of my 200 gr. SWC home loads, all fed and ejected perfectly using Ed's mag and Wilson ETM's. It is on par with my Baer UM for accuracy. A fellow range patron asked me what type of 1911 I had that was making such great groups from the 20 yard mark, and after talking to him a bit more he asked if I re-loaded. I said yes, and he let me at about 150 of his 45 ACP brass he had just fired. Eerily "perfect" outing. :eek:

Something bad is bound to happen right??

I will tear down and clean, and then another 300-400 rounds; if all continues to go well, it will go into rotation for games, range and carry.

I want to thank and highly recomment George Talia @ http://www.migunslingers.com/ He was great working with Ed Brown on the extra touches for this pistol, and his communication and pricing is excellent.

Also thanks to Ed Brown, et. al.. for another great pistol. I look forward to having a lot of fun with this one too!~

ETA: Yes, I wear ratty old blue jeans and carry Ed Brown pistols!

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Now that's how a 1911 oughta look!

Care to give us a rundown on the extras?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drool every time I look at those pics. You did a great job of capturing it. :notworthy:

The gold bead is a neat touch. I think I might need to bring you some more reloads to check that out. :wink:
Thanks MD! I really like the sight picture on this gun.

As I heard Bill Wilson say on a DVD , "The best ammo is OPA, "Other People's Ammo"".

I have a membership at the sherrif's range up here. If we show up early the RM will let us on the range with the steel poppers. I like to go on Fridays, but just about any time is a good time to make time for shooting!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that's how a 1911 oughta look!

Care to give us a rundown on the extras?
Thanks, and your avatar scares me. :eek:

I guess I did leave out some details. It is an Executive Elite spec'd like this:

Naked slide
No FCS
Single-side safety
Maxi-well
Standard width 10-8 rear sight
Novak gold bead front sight

Pretty simple set-up, but I really like it thus far.

Thanks again~

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
NICE ED BROWN

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Very, very nice, Moyler!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.