1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Springfield Loaded model, it has a 5.6lbs trigger pull and I am seriously thhinking about getting a trigger job to about 3.5 lbs. The problem is, that no one in my town will do it so I have to send it out somewhere. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place - I though about sending it to springfield to get it done but recently I have have heard some really good things about Bob Rodgers and other custom gunsmtihs.

Would I be better sending it to one of the retail places like Springfield or Wilson or custom smiths. Also I was looking for someplace that wouldn't charge alot and do a good job.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Springfield will do it ..

Cylinder and slide..

EGW

Is it a carry gun or range ,, if a range what about trying it your self the loaded uses MIM Trigger parts i would want to replace them with steel and i'm sure any good gunsmith would also .. If a range dry one of cylinder and slides trigger group kits my 4# comes out just under 4#'s Great learning exp and cheaper to

·
Registered
188 Posts
Trigger jobs on 1911s are not brain surgery and a smith of solid repute can pull one off in less than an hour. I'm surprised you can't find one near Jacksonville; have a little harder look.
If you still find no joy, I'd recommend George at EGW. Not because he's the only one who can do it, but because he as is good as it gets and the turn-around is fast and accurate. I would replace the trigger group with EGW parts as long as you're at it. You wont be disappointed.

Bob Rodgers is not currently accepting new work.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'll have to look around some more, I've only asked the places I trust in town - and that place doesn't offer work - so I'll have to find a new gunsmith in town.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Marc Morganti of Gemini Customs has done a few for me,but any decent gunsmith (whether a 1911 custom shop or just "regular" gunsmith) should be able to do it. It's a very common upgrade.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Range gun? If it doesn't have creep and its just the weight you are concerned about I would suggest you drop a 19# mainspring in it and take just a slight bit of tension off the first leaf of the sear spring, that should get you close 3.5#.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cylinder and Slide offers drop-in trigger sets of premium parts. I have heard really good things about them, check out their website.
DD

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a range gun. Lots of creep though. I'm thinking of replacing the MSH too. All I'm looking at is a smooth trigger pull.

- I've decided, since i'm going to get some serious work done anyway, I'm going to wait until I have enough to get everything done. check my "Springfield or Wilson Custom shop" thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts