1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to go to the range, finally, after a very long time away due to ammo prices. I used to train weekly or at least monthly, it paid off as I can still shoot.

I went with two fellows that had new guns and I had my Rock Tactical, the best investment I have ever made. I have over 5000 rounds through it. I did not fail one time all day. I am even using Blazer Aluminum casing ammo, still flawless.

The other two guns were a horrible S&W 40 Caliber that has a forever trigger pull, hard as heck to rack the slide, and feels like a brick, it went bang every time, but other than that I hated it. :hairpull:

My other bud has a new XD .40 Cal, that was a pretty nice gun, I much prefer my Rock Tactical .45, but I could live with the XD. I was the one teaching both of them to shoot, both the guns were new. The man with the S&W is buying an XD, he does not like the thing either. :thinking:

As I look at prices of 1911's now, all of them, and look at the performance of my gun, it is simply the best investment I have ever made, being a man of very modest income, I am glad I have it, and I will never part with it.

8 shots in 4-6 seconds with 5 inch groups at 10 yards all day, RIA .45 Tactical is a great gun... :dancingbananna:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Good deal 1shot!!! They are excellent 1911's for the money! I would not trade mine for anything, it has served me well as have my other RIA/Armscor pistols!!

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Nice 1shot, I have threatened to get an ria tac but have not yet.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I was looking at centerfire systems but they are oos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Rock Island Tactical is available from Bellsire Hardware in Nashville, TN on Gun Broker. I ordered one this week. The price seems to be quite good - not gouging - and I have read references to their good reputation.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I would stay around centerfire's price, 409. They were under 400 before the last price increase.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MAN that is just an amazing deal, the function of my Tactical with it's list of upgrades that come stock, just amazing...

So many high priced guns jam as my rock just rocks on... still around 400 is astounding.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I think its a great deal also, unfortunately with guns flying off the shelves I see 500.00 and up on them which in the overall picture is not bad but the price is jacked up.

I really have not had a problem with any 1911's jamming. There are exceptions though for all brands.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i've seen a few RIA tacs at the gun shows here in dallas/ft worth but curiously hardly any GI RIAs. the tacs are running between 4-450.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Bellshire has the RIA Tactical on Gun Broker for $420.00 or "Buy It Now" for $435.00 and the RIA GI Model for $365.00 or "Buy It Now" for $380.00. Just search under Rock Island.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is a gun show close to my home next weekend. Maybe, I will have to sneek over there and look for a RI tactical. Just cant let the old lady know about it this close to Christmas... She just would not understand the gun psychosis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.