1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the best best deal on untreated cord cob polishing media?
Dillon has it for 10 # bag @ $10.95 per bag. Better half told me to go buy more ( Dam I have a great wife):notworthy:
Chief

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Dillon has good prices for it. Only Midway may have a better deal Chief. You are right you do have a good wife telling you to buy more shooting equiptment. I will print this out and put it up on the refrig. Labeling it good wife, I hope mine will get the hint.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Vic, Dillon has beat Midways price. She did not tell me how much I could buy.
Thinking about 50 pounds, so I will not run out for a while. Question do you reload .223? Since I have have 1K of Winchester (LE) once fire brass.
Chief

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I did until prices went up I shoot a .308 instead of the .223 anymore. 1 K of .223 would sell fast Chief you may want to sell it if you don't need them bro.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is just an example Chief, I would say you could get 135.00 almost anywhere for a 1000 Once fired Brass in.223 now.
Yeah, everyone who sells once fired brass on line is out of stock and have been for a while. (and probably will be for a while too) :hairpull:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I have heard feed stores, like atwoods, have the best prices on corn cob media. I have been using rice though so I haven't bought any.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hiya Hawk you out of that deep freeze yet bro lol. .223 is a wanted case now.
Yeah Vic, its into the 30s for a high temp now. Almost shirt sleeve weather. :rofl:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I usually try to get 1/8" mini cob from pet stores like Petco and Petsmart.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Go to a feed store they usually have the best prices for bulk and no shipping

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
you might be able to find walnut also .. there is something else someone told me lately i cant Remember what it was though ..

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
They sometimes have different size media at feed stores, but I don't remember what size it is off the top of my head that you need. I think it's 10/14 or something like that.

Ok, here's a clip from my notes:

To date the 50-50 formula works better than any other ratio that we have found. We find that Corn Media Size 10/14 mixed with Walnut Media Size 12/20 does the best job.
I use rice, but if I were to go to anything else I would probably try the above.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Who has the best best deal on untreated cord cob polishing media?
Dillon has it for 10 # bag @ $10.95 per bag. Better half told me to go buy more ( Dam I have a great wife):notworthy:
Chief
Check under "Metal finishing suppliers" or "Blasting media" in your local Yellow Pages. I buy 50 lb. bags of untreated corn cob at a local supply company for $21.50 :dancingbananna:

·
Registered
5 Posts
For corncob and walnut on the cheap, look at pet stores, farm and home stores and feed stores. Both are used as cage litter for small animals. For small amounts, go to Petco. For 50 pound bags go to your feeed store.

I learned a lesson buying corncob from the pet dept at Wally World. It was too course and would not come out of .223 cases. Be sure to buy pet litter that is ground very small.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts