1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting my first hunting focused shotgun. Although the first hunting trip will be for pheasant, I would like the option to take the gun goose or duck hunting in the future.

So, I am thinking about a 12 gauge auto that can accept to 3.5 and is in a camo finish. I've looked long and hard at the Benelli Super Black Eagle II, the Winchester Sx3, and the Beretta Xtrema2 KO. I shot an SBEII yesterday for a round of sporting clays (100 shells total) and liked it pretty well. I have not shot the Winchester or the Beretta.

I am leaning towards the Beretta because of the extent to which it is supposed to be a soft shooter, the aqua coating on the gun, and the relative ease of maintenance for a gas operated recoil system. The Xtrema2 KO weighs about 0.5 lbs more than the SBEII, which I see as the most likely drawback to the Beretta.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the KO system in these Berettas, do they work as well as advertised? Has anyone been able to shoot two or more of these guns (SBEII, SX3, Xtrema 2 KO)? Any input would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.