1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a good belt that will support a full size 1911 for concealed carry.
I'd like it to look like a "normal" leather belt

I don't have a clue which ones are great, good, or not worth buying.
and i don't want to spend a bundle finding out for my self.

I'm hoping ya'll could help me with which are the best

So far I have this one in my saved cart at Brownels

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/st...-044 &s=17913

is it as good as any, or are there better?

Thanks

..l.T.A.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Your link is coming up 404 cap.

Have you checked out beltman? I have heard a lot of good stuff about his belts and you can order a dual layer with a stiffener in it also. I don't actually have one, but I would sure like one.

http://www.thebeltman.net/

·
Registered
692 Posts
Cap, I've tried several belts over the years and I've settled on two that I like very much and can recommend.
They are not inexpensive. I have several less expensive 'gun belts' but these 2 are really good quality.

The CB 4 by Galco
And the Mitch Rosen BHL (I have the 3rd one down in his pictured list)

There are several good gun belt makers, so if price is a consideration you might want to shop around.
Almost any holster maker will make you a belt to your specs. When you order it, be sure to tell them your specifications - size/carry/iwb/owb/casual, etc.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
+1 for the Beltman. Beem wearing one for over a yr now. Looks like every other belt in the world except "stiffer" and gives good support. Tracy

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!

lets try this again
here's the belt in my cart at Brownels

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=6959&st=425-205-044 &s=17913

as far as the custom belts from Kramer and Beltman, do you have to wait for them to be made after you order?
Or are the "common" sizes and styles in stock and ready to ship after ordering?
( I s'pose when i look at the links, I'll fig'r it out:redface:

I'm pretty impatient when i decide to pull the trigger on a purchase.
When i do, I want it yesterday...

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There's a place in Oklahoma City called Loopers Leather. They make a belt that is lined with kydex. These belts will never stretch. They look just like a typical leather belt. Here's a link to their site. It's hard to try to order from the site. Just give them a call if you like what you see.
http://www.looperleather.com/KydexBelt.html

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Don't know about the wait for Beltman. I just happen to live not too far from him and was taking a Wild Bill's belt & holster to him to see if he could make them stop bleeding thru on my clothes. While I was there, he showed me some holsters, belts and assorted other things in his shop. Told me he would make me a good deal if I saw something I liked. Bought two buckles and a really good belt right there. When I need another belt, he will be the first I call. Tracy

·
Registered
188 Posts
Cap,

IMO, there is no need to spend a hundred bucks on a belt, unless you just gotta have elaborate stamping.

If IWB, the Beltman belts are great. Check out K&D belts aswell. At $55, they're tough to beat. IIRC, Beltman is about 3-4weeks turnaround. Tucker Gunleather makes an incredible belt for $90 base model, but is too thick >1/4" for IWB IMO. Tucker also sells Bullhide belts which are strikingly similar to Beltman's ;) Shorter turn around time and very good quality.

The one you're looking at from Brownells is also very thick, which for IWB defeats the purpose of the thinness of the 1911.

Look at UGB Holsters too. Nate sells a plain jane belt for $60. Very good workmanship.

Bruce Gibson does extremely fine work and for what you get, are a great value.

Whatever you get, be sure it's double layer and stitched. Chicago screws are also a nice feature, if you ever want to replace a marred, or broken buckle.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Rafters gunleather belts are great. I am wearing it now. Bought as a carry belt I now wear it every day. Slip on the holster and I am ready to go. Very high quality.

http://www.raftersgunleather.com/Belts.htm

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys

man, ya'll ain't making this discision any easier:rofl:

..L.T.A

·
Registered
122 Posts
My 2c suggestion would be to go to a cop supply store and try a plain leather duty belt. I got one for competition for a grand total of $29 tax included. It's a good looking really stiff black leather belt that didn't cost me a furtune. I'm sure the other belts that the folks have mentioned are much nicer, but this one was a vast improvement over a regular dress belt.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:biglaugh:
Be sure to post a pic when you get it!
not worth posting pic, Jack

I took one of the suggestions and checked out the cop shop/supply store.
I discovered there was one not too far from me.

I looked at a bunch of belts and decided on the 1 1/2" double stitched (with some kind of stiffiner insert) from 5.11

Looks like a "regular" leather belt and wasn't much more than one
($29 bukz)

I wore it all day today w/1911.
TREMENDOUS improvment over my regular belt

..L.T.A.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts